retired Metra Electric Highliner sighting, south of Deerfield

This past weekend I took an Amtrak Hiawatha trip to Milwaukee, and I spotted a few(think it was 2, but I could be wrong) retired Metra Highliner cars just south of the Deerfield Metra station. These cars were specifically being stored on a siding just south of Osterman Ave., after I did a map check of the location on Google.

I knew that Metra was moving retiring Highliner cars just to a side track northwest of the Roundout junction on the Milwaukee District North line, but are they perhaps using additional sidings to store the retired Highliner cars on along the MD-N line, besides the side track northwest of Roundout? Thanks, to whoever can answer my question.

This past weekend I took an Amtrak Hiawatha trip to Milwaukee, and I spotted a few(think it was 2, but I could be wrong) retired Metra Highliner cars just south of the Deerfield Metra station. These cars were specifically being stored on a siding just south of Osterman Ave., after I did a map check of the location on Google.

I knew that Metra was moving retiring Highliner cars just to a side track northwest of the Roundout junction on the Milwaukee District North line, but are they perhaps using additional sidings to store the retired Highliner cars on along the MD-N line, besides the side track northwest of Roundout? Thanks, to whoever can answer my question.

They are probably out of space at Roundout...as well as 47th Street, KYD, 18th Street and anywhere else they can hide them. Instead of selling them for scrap, they are screwing around hoping someone will buy them to put into service.

They are probably out of space at Roundout...as well as 47th Street, KYD, 18th Street and anywhere else they can hide them. Instead of selling them for scrap, they are screwing around hoping someone will buy them to put into service.

Considering that most are rusted, and the voltage doesn't seem common to other lines, is it just wishful thinking, or like trolley buses to Mexico, they think there is some foreign buyer?

There are more than 2. Possibly several. They have been there for a few weeks. Delivery was recorded by Keith Pokorny aka METRA614. HERE I see them everyday as I go over the Pfingsten overpass. Plus I snapped one while I was playing with my camera phone...

post-437-0-62669900-1400731632_thumb.jpg

post-437-0-71986200-1400731649_thumb.jpg

post-437-0-76459600-1400731651_thumb.jpg

Considering that most are rusted, and the voltage doesn't seem common to other lines, is it just wishful thinking, or like trolley buses to Mexico, they think there is some foreign buyer?

Most of the ones that are still in service are showing serious rusting. I got to railfan near the 18th St station while working this past weekend.

There are more than 2. Possibly several. They have been there for a few weeks. Delivery was recorded by Keith Pokorny aka METRA614. HERE I see them everyday as I go over the Pfingsten overpass. Plus I snapped one while I was playing with my camera phone...

Interesting that the pantographs are still attached. Everything that has left has had them removed.

• 2 months later...