TransitScreen

strictures

As Kevin can better attest, the CTA Bus Tracker and Train Tracker APIs have been published. One of the earliest applications was some merchant putting next bus information on the display in the store, with other information.

In effect, the Tracker signs at CTA stations, whether by CTA or Titan, have already implemented something like this. So, your wonder is a couple of years late.

As Kevin can better attest, the CTA Bus Tracker and Train Tracker APIs have been published. One of the earliest applications was some merchant putting next bus information on the display in the store, with other information.

In effect, the Tracker signs at CTA stations, whether by CTA or Titan, have already implemented something like this. So, your wonder is a couple of years late.

Yeah too late as far as waiting at a station or select bus stops across the city. But from what I understand of the article, these screens will be going up in locations outside the domain of a transit rail station or bus stop itself, like at retail locations and other types of businesses or dwellings that might be on that real estate firm's property across the D.C. area as part of the deal they just made.

Yeah too late as far as waiting at a station or select bus stops across the city. But from I understand of the article, these screens were going up in locations outside the domain of a transit rail station or bus stop itself.

As I said above, some merchant had a Bus Tracker on his premises. Searching back for that, it was something done by the Wicker Park/Bucktown Chamber of Commerce, not CTA.

The only thing that might be new is that someone is setting up a business to try to exploit the API in D.C.