The Not So Public #2400 Series Charter

BusHunter

Excellent pictures...got an original-livery 2400 next to 5615, and next to 3208 with its prototype LED display. I bet they didn't expect that technology when those 2400s were new!

​About all they anticipated was chopper control, and that didn't work (said to be incompatible with the signal system).

​They didn't have the electrical shielding and isolation that they do now; I bet it'd work on the 3200s ;)

​Since then they upgraded all the signal systems. If solid state control would not work now, AC traction on the 5000s would be impossible.

​Since then they upgraded all the signal systems. If solid state control would not work now, AC traction on the 5000s would be impossible.

​Probably true, but AC is a bit less disruptive than chopper. It's also way more isolated. I wonder how hard it is to convert cam control to chopper control...chopper is way smoother than our current DC fleet. Half of St. Louis's vehicles are chopper and they're almost smoother than the 5000s.

​Probably true, but AC is a bit less disruptive than chopper. It's also way more isolated. I wonder how hard it is to convert cam control to chopper control...chopper is way smoother than our current DC fleet. Half of St. Louis's vehicles are chopper and they're almost smoother than the 5000s.

​Probably involves ripping out half of the undercar equipment.

​Nah, I think I saw it somewhere on the Chicago L group. Some guy said he had two extra spots on the private charter and he was going to sell them. Can't remember the name though.

​Not him personally, but the chartering group?