GM New Look bus returned to service

OK, so the Flxible bus converted into a fresh market store did not work out.
Here is a much better retrofitting of a ex-transit bus. It's a GM New Look bus as well. It was serving as a semi-hospitality suite at the Oak Park Micro Brew Review on Saturday, 15 August. I would think it will be sent to other beer-worthy events in the metropolitan area, so get on out there and see it.
oovhxZdf.jpg hhlZ6S1l.jpg 4Rqcn8j4.jpg k9n47Kil.jpg ZsDIttyR.jpg OhJ3xX15.jpg

Edited by pudgym29
formatting
  • Upvote 1

In the Summer of 1995, Goose Island beer ran a series of ads on the then new CTA 5800 series New Flyers.  I was able to photograph one of the ads on the right hand side of a bus that read, "Just Say Goose Me!  Goose Island Beer."  The ads lasted about a week when they were removed by the CTA due to a so-called public outcry in regard to the inferred sexual context of the ad (double meaning).  I was surprised to see that the new Goose Island Beer bus has no such statement on the side of the bus!  LOL

I saw this bus last year at the Chicago Marathon Expo at McCormick Place. The operator told me its an ex-California transit bus, not clear what city. So that could support Andre's statement. I looked in the interior No signs or indications of what system it may have operated with. To me it looks ex Los Angeles RTD: Im sure they keep the bus at its brewing plant in Goose Island 

Edited by Guest

It could be the location of the Goose Island beer brewery which is in that general area.  

Since you mention that, that checks out on Google Maps. Indicates that it is not brewed on Goose Island, including most of it, which is brewed in Baldwinsville, NY,

Edited by Busjack

Since you mention that, that checks out on Google Maps. Indicates that it is not brewed on Goose Island, including most of it, which is brewed in Baldwinsville, NY,

I was inside this place once a couple of years ago for a police officer promotion party. It looks like a brewery inside judging by the machinery and equipment in there. Maybe its for show, I dont know!  But I didnt see the bus  They probably didnt have it then. Im sure this is where they keep it.  Im not a beer lover but its actually an interesting place.  

Edited by Guest

I was inside this place once a couple of years ago for a police officer promotion party. It looks like a brewery inside judging by the machinery and equipment in there. Maybe its for show, I dont know!  But I didnt see the bus  They probably didnt have it then. Im sure this is where they keep it.  Im not a beer lover but its actually an interesting place.  

They brew some small stuff there, but the 312 is really now 315, if you get my drift.

LOL! Yup!  I asked if they hire drivers for their bus. He told me they do! :)   So maybe someone out there who is dying to drive an old 5303.  Ive never driven one but I would like to!