Runaway Blimp in Pennslyvania

BusHunter

• 3 months later...
1 minute ago, Pace831 said:

After an investigation, the cause of this incident was determined to be: Batteries not included.

A cause, and a proximate cause, but not the precipitating cause. The lack of batteries kept the balloon from deflating, but somehow it got untethered.

Also your link doesn't work. Better to use the link tool (the chain in the tool bar). Here's one that should.

1 minute ago, Busjack said:

A cause, and a proximate cause, but not the precipitating cause. The lack of batteries kept the balloon from deflating, but somehow it got untethered.

True, it was a series of events, like most accidents. But I couldn't think of a joke about the pitot tube, since I was under too much pressure.

11 minutes ago, Busjack said:

Also your link doesn't work. Better to use the link tool (the chain in the tool bar). Here's one that should.

That's what I did, the link works fine for me.

38 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

You would think with the invention of drones, they could have somehow assembled a rescue attempt to snag the blimp or even use a manned craft to do that. It seems to work for 007. :P

Probably a question whether they had one with a Hellfire missile nearby and wanted to use it over Pennsylvania.That worked vs. Jihadi John, but is a drastic measure.