2016 System Pick

orionbuslover

There will be a System Pick in the early part of 2016. It'd have to take place atleast a full month before the spring pick begins. The last system Pick was during the de-crowding plan. I can't wait to see what the changes entail. I think the FG bus assignment issue will have to be addressed, but who knows?

where did you get this info from and what is the purpose/reason behind this extra pick?

There will be a System Pick in the early part of 2016. It'd have to take place atleast a full month before the spring pick begins. The last system Pick was during the de-crowding plan. I can't wait to see what the changes entail. I think the FG bus assignment issue will have to be addressed, but who knows?

Do you have any sources to clarify this? Otherwise, it's considered unsubstantiated. 

where did you get this info from and what is the purpose/reason behind this extra pick?

System picks occur to change routes between garages for operational efficiency. They usually take into account shifting trends, coincide with major route or schedule changes, allow the opportunity for bus operators to switch to a different garage, and occur every two or three years. I don't have details of what this upcoming pick will entail, yet.

Orionbuslover, your claims are then baseless. Further more, there is nothing to really worry about due to a "balanced" straight-forward budget that calls for no major service adjustments or eliminations. Other than the new Western and Ashland express (debuting December 21st pending the transit board's approval) and the launch of the LoopLink, there is really nothing to be concerned about. 

• Upvote 1

I read the community rules. So I would have no objections to having this topic name changed to something that signifies a potential system pick, as I don't have an official source of information. 

Ok, fair enough. With all further ado, I have to lock this thread. 

• Upvote 3