Pace Elgin ohare study

west towns

3 hours ago, west towns said:

The Elgin ohare study was on last night's board agenda.  Anyone know what this is ?

Similar to the 600s on the Jane Addams Tollway, they are trying to figure out if express bus service should go from Rosemont out via the Elgin-O'Hare expressway when it gets completed as the Ill 390 Tollway, Maybe there's a market in Wood Dale or Itasca.

I'd be curious to know if Itasca/Wood Dale would generate more business.  I know the 616 goes to Itasca, but Wood Dale has been empty for years unless they've built back up there.  I used to work in Wood Dale and occasionally rode the old 601 bus from the Metra Station to my job before it was cut due to low ridership.  I think my company had about 4-5 riders in the morning, but the bus would be empty after we got off.  

2 hours ago, rotjohns said:

I'd be curious to know if Itasca/Wood Dale would generate more business.  I know the 616 goes to Itasca, but Wood Dale has been empty for years unless they've built back up there.  I used to work in Wood Dale and occasionally rode the old 601 bus from the Metra Station to my job before it was cut due to low ridership.  I think my company had about 4-5 riders in the morning, but the bus would be empty after we got off.  

Maybe I should have characterized it as "there's an expressway, let's study it."

There was in the days of the Nova Classics a 637 Wood Dale going to the Devon Ave. area, but was cancelled, I think because United pulled out of Elk Grove Twp.

Another question which probably would be addressed in the study is if it is too close to the Milw. W.

There is a few big office towers in Roselle and Itasca, maybe they can draw off those, the question is can they pull people out of their cars? I suppose if someone out there was coming from Bucktown between the "L" and an express bus in the rush it could be faster or just as fast. It probably couldn't hurt to have a Forest Pk - NWTC express either running via I-290 either. If they got a big enough network going maybe they could possibly incorporate transfer stops, like say someone wanted to go Elgin to Forest PK they could.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

The 2/27/2017 Local Advisory Committee has narrowed down some of the routing options:

• Restructure 711/715 to connect with 608 at Roselle (Schaumburg-DuPage link)
  • Extend 318 to Stratford Square via North, Addison, Lake, Glen Ellyn, Army Trail
  • Reroute 330 to Rosemont Blue Line instead of O'Hare ATS
  • York Rd - 390 route
  • York Rd - Rosemont route (w/ O'Hare cargo deviation)
  • Touhy Ave route from Elk Grove Village to Park Ridge, Rosemont, and/or Cumberland (223 restructure)
  • Irving Park Rd route, Rosemont to Hanover Park
  • Elk Grove - NWTC - Hoffman Estates route (Busse - Biesterfield - 290 - Higgins)
  • 390 corridor - York Rd - 90 - Rosemont (223 restructure)
  • Schaumburg - Forest Park upgrades
  • Busse Rd - Oak Brook express
  • 95th - Rosemont via 294
  • Golf Rd - Schaumburg to Des Plaines

The next steps in the study are to narrow down the recommendations, and produce the final plan, which supposedly should be soon.

http://pacebus.com/pdf/Initiatives/390/Pace_IL_390_LAC_Presentation_Mtg_3.pdf

http://pacebus.com/pdf/Initiatives/390/Pace_IL_390_TAC_Presentation_Mtg_3.pdf

26 minutes ago, Tcmetro said:

The 2/27/2017 Local Advisory Committee has narrowed down some of the routing options:

My observation on this one is that while it is the usual preliminary planning, only ones that seem relevant to the task are the corridors with 390 in them. Maybe also Irving Park to Hanover Park. Otherwise it looks like "let's give more service to NE DuPage" plus a bit of "Let's shoehorn the I-294" one mentioned yesterday. There already is a bus Golf Rd- Schaumburg to Des Plaines, known as #208.