Other Bus Trackers

Looking up LADot Dash, I noted that they have an unusual Live Map in that it shows (I guess based on the GPS  passenger counter) what percent the bus is full. See for instance this page on Downtown routes, and expand "Live Map."

You think CTA riders would care if CTA's Bus Tracker said that 8214 is 120% full* but 8227 5 minutes later is 45% full?

_________

*I wonder if the capacity is based on 37 seated or 71  including standees.

4 hours ago, Busjack said:

You think CTA riders would care if CTA's Bus Tracker said that 8214 is 120% full* but 8227 5 minutes later is 45% full?

If I'm traveling by myself I don't really care how crowded the bus is. However, if I'm with a group and/or carrying large bags I'd probably wait for a less crowded one if it wasn't too far behind. The real benefit of that feature might actually be on the supervisors' version of Bus Tracker, to help alleviate crowding during delays. For example, if a bus is only 10% full, have it turn around to help handle the crowds.

51 minutes ago, Pace831 said:

The real benefit of that feature might actually be on the supervisors' version of Bus Tracker, to help alleviate crowding during delays. For example, if a bus is only 10% full, have it turn around to help handle the crowds.

Good point. I wonder if they just assume the buses are packed,but it would be one way to alleviate bus bunching.