Rosemont Bus Terminal Expansion

BusHunter

While I was passing through Rosemont bus terminal, I took some pictures of the changes. You can now see they are expanding by 2 bays although one looks like a kiss n ride/hotel bus dropoff lane as the lane is too narrow for a bigger bus to go down. The length of the island you can see also. Its longer now. They almost look like they are going to double up buses in the bays. 2 routes per bay. Sounds like a scheduling nightmare to me because its contingent on both buses leaving at the same time. 

rosemont pass islands work.PNG

rosemont longer islands 9-2-16.PNGrosemont expansion 9-2-16.PNG

On 9/3/2016 at 7:17 AM, BusHunter said:

They almost look like they are going to double up buses in the bays.

That's what they said in the handout.

But not any different than 2 buses lining up for one slot at Jeff Pk. One moves out and the other moves up.

6 hours ago, BusHunter said:

They seem like they  will have 4 to 5 extra routes though and just one extra bay. Maybe something is stopping on the side. 

The I-90 page says:

• Passenger boarding/alighting islands that accommodate two buses in each bay.
  • Two new bus bays for boarding/alighting and one new bus bay for layovers

Per the handout, the 2 new services to Rosemont (603  and 605) operate every 30 minutes rush and 60 off peak. Only other change is that 600 is to run full day instead of just rush.

I don't see how the terminal is going to be short.