Lego Model 2400 Series

TheBrunswickBowler

Looking over the web, I have found Lego 2400 Series models that have the potential to get approved by LEGO. It needs 1,000 supporters, so far it has 188. I think it'd be a really cool set to have, and we can help it become an actual thing! Here's the link, lets get this approved! https://ideas.lego.com/projects/137927

Lego 2400's.png

I'm not impressed. Besides not having roofs over the doors, I don't know why they have 1890s railroad roofs. The tactile strip is authentic but only by coincidence.Also, I don't see why the marker lights are on a beam proud of the car front.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Busjack said:

I'm not impressed. Besides not having roofs over the doors, I don't know why they have 1890s railroad roofs. The tactile strip is authentic but only by coincidence.Also, I don't see why the marker lights are on a beam proud of the car front.

Well it's a toy designed to be played with by a young child, who wants to be able to put his Lego people into the car to transport them around, so the section of roof missing is required(can you imagine the crankiness and crying if he couldn't get his Lego people into the doorway?). I don't understand why the side numbers look so slanted and like they don't belong on the models(look at 2551 and 2401 on the sides carefully).

1 minute ago, sw4400 said:

I don't understand why the side numbers look so slanted and like they don't belong on the models(look at 2551 and 2401 on the sides carefully).

Looks like they used a paint program to type the numbers in. If an actual model were produced, they would use decals in those places.

3 hours ago, sw4400 said:

Well it's a toy designed to be played with by a young child

It depends on what the theory is. There was a Lego display, about 6 months ago, at Northbrook Court of replicas of various Washington D.C. buildings, such as the Capitol and the Supreme Court Building, and I can assure you it was not for children. The legend was that it took so many Lego artists a week to create each.

• Upvote 2