Jump to content

South Halsted transit study


Busjack
 Share

Recommended Posts

CTA Press Release that

CTA to Study Bus Service Improvements on South Halsted

CTA to determine with Pace ways to enhance bus service for more than 11,000 daily customers

CTA was announcing (this has to be a first) that it is entering into an intergovernmental agreement with Pace to study the corridor.

BTW, what ever happened to the North Shore one (not that it was going to come up with anything)?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...
On 7/14/2017 at 10:28 AM, Busjack said:

CTA Press Release that

CTA to Study Bus Service Improvements on South Halsted

CTA to determine with Pace ways to enhance bus service for more than 11,000 daily customers

CTA was announcing (this has to be a first) that it is entering into an intergovernmental agreement with Pace to study the corridor.

BTW, what ever happened to the North Shore one (not that it was going to come up with anything)?

North Shore is still a work in progress...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/14/2017 at 0:28 PM, Busjack said:

CTA Press Release that

CTA to Study Bus Service Improvements on South Halsted

CTA to determine with Pace ways to enhance bus service for more than 11,000 daily customers

CTA was announcing (this has to be a first) that it is entering into an intergovernmental agreement with Pace to study the corridor.

BTW, what ever happened to the North Shore one (not that it was going to come up with anything)?

I guess with the success of the 352, day and night,  CTA  is trying to  figure out how to  cash in  .  Perhaps  they would extend the  108 to Harvey (similar to the 49A extension from 119th to 135th).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

I guess with the success of the 352, day and night,  CTA  is trying to  figure out how to  cash in  .  Perhaps  they would extend the  108 to Harvey (similar to the 49A extension from 119th to 135th).

I'm sure that's what they are not doing. The release seems self explanatory.

The Chicago Transit Board today approved an intergovernmental agreement that allows CTA and Pace to jointly look at ways to better coordinate service and improve the customer experience on South Halsted bus routes.

The study will begin this summer and will assess the four CTA and Pace routes that serve South Halsted, looking at a variety of possible modifications such as improved service coordination, bus stop spacing optimization, enhanced boarding areas, and elements of Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) such as dedicated bus lanes and the installation of traffic signals and “queue jumps” that prioritize buses at busy intersections. (emphasis added)

Besides 49A having been canceled, there is absolutely no reason why CTA would compete with Pace in the heart of Pace territory. More than likely, this has to do with "elements of BRT" for 108 and 352 north of 127th.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Busjack said:

I'm sure that's what they are not doing. The release seems self explanatory.

The Chicago Transit Board today approved an intergovernmental agreement that allows CTA and Pace to jointly look at ways to better coordinate service and improve the customer experience on South Halsted bus routes.

The study will begin this summer and will assess the four CTA and Pace routes that serve South Halsted, looking at a variety of possible modifications such as improved service coordination, bus stop spacing optimization, enhanced boarding areas, and elements of Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) such as dedicated bus lanes and the installation of traffic signals and “queue jumps” that prioritize buses at busy intersections. (emphasis added)

Besides 49A having been canceled, there is absolutely no reason why CTA would compete with Pace in the heart of Pace territory. More than likely, this has to do with "elements of BRT" for 108 and 352 north of 127th.

Sorry sir.  The whole  release  didn't  load on my phone.   Thanks for the clarification. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 10 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...