Novabus to offer shields to be installed in existing buses

Came across an interesting article, it seems Novabus is offering to install shields in its buses. Don't know if this is free like an extended warranty, which usually you pay for, or is the company just saying the products are there. I wonder if the #6400's come back can they have shields installed or is it just not worth the effort. It couldn't cost too much to equip 60 or 70 buses could it.

http://novabus.com/nova-bus-offers-new-products-promote-safety-cleanliness-onboard-public-transit-vehicles-operations-sites-gradually-resume-covid-19-pandemic/?fbclid=IwAR1hpyfizoI7nfm_bpYIaN4ttO0C6mmZWf3oYhof-Rc5far8Ecq2g9CmxEQ

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

Came across an interesting article, it seems Novabus is offering to install shields in its buses. Don't know if this is free like an extended warranty, which usually you pay for, or is the company just saying the products are there. I wonder if the #6400's come back can they have shields installed or is it just not worth the effort. It couldn't cost too much to equip 60 or 70 buses could it.

http://novabus.com/nova-bus-offers-new-products-promote-safety-cleanliness-onboard-public-transit-vehicles-operations-sites-gradually-resume-covid-19-pandemic/?fbclid=IwAR1hpyfizoI7nfm_bpYIaN4ttO0C6mmZWf3oYhof-Rc5far8Ecq2g9CmxEQ

Naw it really couldn't they paying the people who already work for em to install

17 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Naw it really couldn't they paying the people who already work for em to install

It says they fit the LFS models. The #6400s are LFS but they may mean current model LFS". But I thought the current model already comes with shields standard, they don't?

46 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

It says they fit the LFS models. The #6400s are LFS but they may mean current model LFS". But I thought the current model already comes with shields standard, they don't?

I thought only 8325 thru 8349 came standard or at least came with factory installed shields.  If any other Novas get them, they'll be retrofirs.

7 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Just thought like with the xcelsiors that bus manufacturers were putting this in there buses. Only way to really know is find a nova bus that is new model that doesnt have one. Then I have my answer.

It is possible the 7900s came with the shields.   8325 thru 8349 don't have hopper windows.   The shields are why 103rd got some Novas that they otherwise wouldn't have gotten.