Holiday schedule

sht6131

Based on bus run numbers, it seemed like Yesterday July 3 would have been normal schedule with an early rush but was Sunday Holiday schedule and  today July 4 its Saturday schedule. I`m confused. or mixed up. I would think this weekend would be Holiday schedule.

1 hour ago, sht6131 said:

Based on bus run numbers, it seemed like Yesterday July 3 would have been normal schedule with an early rush but was Sunday Holiday schedule and  today July 4 its Saturday schedule. I`m confused. or mixed up. I would think this weekend would be Holiday schedule.

Even though the 4th is a holiday,  it fell on a Saturday.   When holidays fall on a Saturday,  the preceding Friday serves as the "official" holiday.  When the holiday falls on a Sunday, the next day (Monday) serves as the official holiday.   That is why today is a Saturday schedule and Friday had a Sunday/Holiday schedule even though today's date is July 4th.  Next year, the 4th will fall on a Sunday and both the 4th and 5th will run Sunday/Holiday schedules.   Hope this clears up the confusion  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

Even though the 4th is a holiday,  it fell on a Saturday.   When holidays fall on a Saturday,  the preceding Friday serves as the "official" holiday.  When the holiday falls on a Sunday, the next day (Monday) serves as the official holiday.   That is why today is a Saturday schedule and Friday had a Sunday/Holiday schedule even though today's date is July 4th.  Next year, the 4th will fall on a Sunday and both the 4th and 5th will run Sunday/Holiday schedules.   Hope this clears up the confusion  

It did. Thanks

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

Yeah, if I didn’t leave so early for work, this would’ve messed me up yesterday. Was waiting for a 26 wondering why it never showed up when the J14 finally did

On 7/4/2020 at 5:06 PM, artthouwill said:

I didn’t even know they had a holiday schedule on Friday. That explains why there were such long gaps between pink line trains.