Charging Forward (bus electrification plan)

Busjack

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, jajuan said:

Just be patient. Nova Bus has more than CTA to fill orders for. And there is no evidence that the LFSe is actually a thing with CTA because as @Busjack noted a number of times there was never a bid put out as far as CTA's solicitation records show and no record of a contract awarded. And if that in fact is still the case, which I've heard no mention otherwise, it's never going to be a CTA LFSe with Nova leaving the US market to concentrate on Canada and this current 8350s contract being the last one CTA ever does with Nova. Your only hope in that case is some possibility a small number of LFSe buses are an addendum to the 8350s order similar to how the hybrid NF 800s and 900s were for the 1000s order. But again like with a solicitation for bids separately for an LFSe order, there's no record or announcement of that being the case as far as I know.

I had discussed that above in this topic. The difference from what you said I said was that was supposed to be a "partnership" grant (I questioned why no solicitation).

I wasn't here when the 5900s were procured, but in the case of the 800s and 900s, the procurement was for 1050 buses, with 20 of them being hybrids. In the case of the Novas, the solicitation was for 100 buses with 5 options for 100 each. I also noted above that CT Board's practice is that the Board has to approve each contract, exercise of an option, or change order " for contracts originally valued at more than $1,000,000.00 that individually or cumulatively increase the original contract value by more than 10% or by more than $500,000.00" and there's no evidence that it did, we have to go with Ordinance 023-80, which only exercised Options 3-5, changed the timing of Option 5, and appropriated money for spare parts. It said nothing about a change order for an additional $1.8 million to change 6 diesel buses to electric, and the Whereas "The continued purchase of new diesel buses is in line with the
Authority’s plan to fully electrify the bus fleet by 2040 as outlined in the Charging Forward Study, and the new buses will result in a significant reduction of emissions compared to the older buses that are being replaced" indicates to the contrary.

But I think @Elkmn figured that out.

6 minutes ago, Busjack said:

I had discussed that above in this topic. The difference from what you said I said was that was supposed to be a "partnership" grant (I questioned why no solicitation).

I wasn't here when the 5900s were procured, but in the case of the 800s and 900s, the procurement was for 1050 buses, with 20 of them being hybrids. In the case of the Novas, the solicitation was for 100 buses with 5 options for 100 each. I also noted above that CT Board's practice is that the Board has to approve each contract, exercise of an option, or change order " for contracts originally valued at more than $1,000,000.00 that individually or cumulatively increase the original contract value by more than 10% or by more than $500,000.00" and there's no evidence that it did, we have to go with Ordinance 023-80, which only exercised Options 3-5, changed the timing of Option 5, and appropriated money for spare parts. It said nothing about a change order for an additional $1.8 million to change 6 diesel buses to electric, and the Whereas "The continued purchase of new diesel buses is in line with the
Authority’s plan to fully electrify the bus fleet by 2040 as outlined in the Charging Forward Study, and the new buses will result in a significant reduction of emissions compared to the older buses that are being replaced" indicates to the contrary.

But I think @Elkmn figured that out.

Thanks for the clarification especially as far as the 800s and 900s go. I was going off memory of CTA announcing and referencing 1030 NFs at the time and then seeing 800s and 900s delivered later in the delivery cycle, with my first 800s sightings initially being on the 62 out of Archer and 900s sightings on both the 12 and 126 before all 20 hybrids were placed at K soon after.