Charter Buses (Re: Aries Charter New Bus (Looks like a Gillig))

3 hours ago, MelissaNelms said:

I am planning to charter a bus to Blue mountain for a 2 day 1 night snowboard trip. anyone ever done this before or have any tips on doing so? Would driving be better? ( i am 20 and car rental would be approx $50 per day)

Bus charters are for groups. You can expect a bus rental to be about $1000 per day plus fuel surcharges and a hotel room for the driver.   Most companies may charge a meal per diem for the driver per day as well.  If I remember correctly,  Blue Mountain is in Pennsylvania so you also have to figure in tolls for Indiana, Ohio,  and Pennsylvania.   Depending on your itinerary,  you might require a relief driver which will add to the cost.   

The impression that I have is that this is a personal trip for you and small group of people which would make a car rental a better option.   

• Upvote 1

On 7/5/2022 at 12:12 PM, MelissaNelms said:

I am planning to charter a bus to Blue mountain for a 2 day 1 night snowboard trip. anyone ever done this before or have any tips on doing so arlingtontxpartybus.com/? Would driving be better? ( i am 20 and car rental would be approx $50 per day)

I've explained this to college students for the better of five years: save your money and rent a car. A bus has way too many externalities to throw $1000 at - unless you have a group of 30 or more, it's not worth it. 

On 7/5/2022 at 2:12 PM, MelissaNelms said:

I am planning to charter a bus to Blue mountain for a 2 day 1 night snowboard trip. anyone ever done this before or have any tips on doing so arlingtontxpartybus.com/? Would driving be better? ( i am 20 and car rental would be approx $50 per day)

1 hour ago, MetroShadow said:

I've explained this to college students for the better of five years: save your money and rent a car. A bus has way too many externalities to throw $1000 at - unless you have a group of 30 or more, it's not worth it. 

@MelissaNelms: Based on the link you embedded, you might have posted in the wrong place. @artthouwilland @MetroShadow were talking about a motor coach company, although it and others offer party buses in the form of vans, limos, and paratransits. However, the company in the linked site is limited to the DFW area.

Unless you are holding a drunken party en route, the rental car is probably still the better deal.