#52 Kedzie Bus Route Extension North (Concept)

ChiTown

4 hours ago, ChiTown said:

I feel that CTA should extend the #52 Kedzie bus route further north to Logan Square Blue Line, Kimball Brown Line, or to Devon/Kedzie. I think that would be a great route going North for the #52 Kedzie. 

Why?  The 82 runs 1/4 mile west of Kedzie and it serves the Belmont Blue Line and the Kimball Brown Line stations. There's no need for needless redundancy.

On 2/10/2023 at 3:53 PM, ChiTown said:

I feel that CTA should extend the #52 Kedzie bus route further north to Logan Square Blue Line, Kimball Brown Line, or to Devon/Kedzie. I think that would be a great route going North for the #52 Kedzie. 

Coming from someone who lives up Further North of Kedzie who only has that small 93 portion. I also had that same idea to why not extend the 52 up Logan Square Blue where that extra Bus Terminal is there next to the 76, heck I would welcome that extending to Devon/Kedzie which would help my neighborhood and for me too like let’s say if the 82 isn’t running well consistently the extension of the 52 Kedzie would be an alternate 

1 hour ago, Ghoul said:

Coming from someone who lives up Further North of Kedzie who only has that small 93 portion. I also had that same idea to why not extend the 52 up Logan Square Blue where that extra Bus Terminal is there next to the 76, heck I would welcome that extending to Devon/Kedzie which would help my neighborhood and for me too like let’s say if the 82 isn’t running well consistently the extension of the 52 Kedzie would be an alternate 

How about Route #52B North Kedzie?

16 hours ago, Ghoul said:

Neither route will be consistent but the point still stands that both routes running within less than a quarter of a mile of each other is redundant service. 

52 82 1 copy.png

52 82 copy.png

3 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Neither route will be consistent but the point still stands that both routes running within less than a quarter of a mile of each other is redundant service. 

52 82 1 copy.png

52 82 copy.png

They could also do what was when 82 was split--pull into Logan Square, but that's unnecessary because 82 serves Belmont.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/13/2023 at 2:15 PM, Ghoul said:

I think they would save people a lot of walk to catch the #82 Kimball/Homan or #94 California buses if they live north of Chicago Ave. Make it easy for people who catches the #52 Kedzie bus since it doesn’t go to California Ave no more

16 minutes ago, ChiTown said:

I think they would save people a lot of walk to catch the #82 Kimball/Homan or #94 California buses if they live north of Chicago Ave. Make it easy for people who catches the #52 Kedzie bus since it doesn’t go to California Ave no more

If the demand was there, then possibly.   But it isn't.   At one time there was service along North Kedzie but it was eliminated due to low ridership and the fact that the more popular 82  and the 11 ran nearby.   South of Addison there's the 94 and the 82.  History has proven ridership isn't there.  It would be good exercise to walk a little more to Kimball or California  if it's not possible to walk, then there's Pace paratransit 

Ir Uber/Lyft.

• Upvote 1