What happened to the Mid City Transitway?

Nitro

I heard about this project on Wikipedia. It was a proposal by the City of Chicago about converting the ROW for the formerly proposed Crosstown Expressway. Apparently feasibility studies began in 2002 that were commissioned by former Mayor Richard Michael Daley. The three modes of transportation in this project that were studied and were yet to be approved was Rapid Transit, Bus Rapid Transit, or a Truck lane. Can anyone clarify what happened to the project? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mid-City_Transitway

I said it died. If you look back at the Circle Line topic, those consultants also took this on and delayed the Circle Line AA for 3 years to find this unfeasible.

So, you twice crated a topic for no reason. Go back to sleep.

Also, WIKIPEDIA IS NOT A SOURCE. Except for foamers.

On 10/8/2023 at 10:08 AM, Busjack said:

I said it died. If you look back at the Circle Line topic, those consultants also took this on and delayed the Circle Line AA for 3 years to find this unfeasible.

So, you twice crated a topic for no reason. Go back to sleep.

Also, WIKIPEDIA IS NOT A SOURCE. Except for foamers.

If the project is dead why is there a website pushing for this proposal? According to their data it would serve 385,000 people that are outside of The Loop.

https://activetrans.org/blog/lime-line-would-bring-rapid-transit-to-west-side

35 minutes ago, Nitro said:

If the project is dead why is there a website pushing for this proposal? According to their data it would serve 385,000 people that are outside of The Loop.

https://activetrans.org/blog/lime-line-would-bring-rapid-transit-to-west-side

Why do you believe anything on a transit advocate website?  The blog post is dated 2015, about the 6 years after it was killed by the consultants, and doesn't appear to have hit that blog since., In usual FOAMER fashion, they assigned a color before even discussing any merits.

If this is a serious question: WHY DIDN'T YOU PURSUE THE CONTACT INFORMATION ON THEIR WEBSITE instead of posting here? I bet you duck that one, too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2023 at 2:27 PM, Busjack said:

Why do you believe anything on a transit advocate website?  The blog post is dated 2015, about the 6 years after it was killed by the consultants, and doesn't appear to have hit that blog since., In usual FOAMER fashion, they assigned a color before even discussing any merits.

If this is a serious question: WHY DIDN'T YOU PURSUE THE CONTACT INFORMATION ON THEIR WEBSITE instead of posting here? I bet you duck that one, too.

While I think it would be okay to talk about the merits upon Active Trans (and maybe the advocates - okay, in fairness, which ones?), let's have a discussion over why it isn't a good idea in the year of Grogu, 2023? Could it be worth it yeeting the existing rails and turning it over to CTA or Metra? Could CMAP realize that the efforts of making driving in the core hard as hell be worth the fight now?

I'd say a critical discussion (to hell with the consultants) be wise to have.

3 hours ago, MetroShadow said:

While I think it would be okay to talk about the merits upon Active Trans (and maybe the advocates - okay, in fairness, which ones?), let's have a discussion over why it isn't a good idea in the year of Grogu, 2023? Could it be worth it yeeting the existing rails and turning it over to CTA or Metra? Could CMAP realize that the efforts of making driving in the core hard as hell be worth the fight now?

I'd say a critical discussion (to hell with the consultants) be wise to have.

I think the merits WERE discussed.  This proposal was nothing more than a transit version of the proposed Crosstown Expressway.   Of course the two killers were lack of funding and NIMBY.  Those applied to the laid City plan.  We know the NIMBY killed the Crosstown Expressway and the funds were redirected to extending the West Northwest (now Blue) Line from Jefferson Park to O'Hare .   West Sliders didn't and don't want the line running through their community.  That's why the idea has been and still us and will continue to be dead.  No community wants to lose housing and business area to build a transit line.  The only reason the RLE has support is because there's a short amount of land required with a very minimum  loss of space next to the project but plenty of vacant property nearby to cause virtually no harm to the community.   That's not the case here.

13 hours ago, artthouwill said:

I think the merits WERE discussed.  This proposal was nothing more than a transit version of the proposed Crosstown Expressway.   Of course the two killers were lack of funding and NIMBY.  Those applied to the laid City plan.  We know the NIMBY killed the Crosstown Expressway and the funds were redirected to extending the West Northwest (now Blue) Line from Jefferson Park to O'Hare .   West Sliders didn't and don't want the line running through their community.  That's why the idea has been and still us and will continue to be dead.  No community wants to lose housing and business area to build a transit line.  The only reason the RLE has support is because there's a short amount of land required with a very minimum  loss of space next to the project but plenty of vacant property nearby to cause virtually no harm to the community.   That's not the case here.

The merits were officially discussed twice--in the 1980s, as when @artthouwill described when Jane Byrne eventually redirected the money to the O'Hare extension and Orange Line, and then in  2009  when Mayor Mumbles Daley said something about it, but the Circle Line consultants shot it down(and also couldn't come to a recommendation of a Circle Line alignment between Lake and Paulina and North and Clybourn). That was discussed here. Update:  I see that the links were destroyed in that  post, but the CTA presentation on the Cicero corridor is still available.

On @artthouwill's point, the following CTA Connections [then propoganda] video illustrates the protests and the problems. Apparently to overcome the perception of the Dan Ryan destroying neighborhoods on the south side, and the Congress Expressway cutting Oak Park in half, there was a plan with the two roadways separated by a block or two, with some parks and a rapid transit line between them. However, it was clear that the project would not be confined to the Belt Ry. ROW.

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/23/2023 at 8:54 PM, artthouwill said:

Less property acquisition is a viewpoint that certainly most people and I support when it comes to transit expansion/building new subway lines. Best place to implement in them is in massive redundant parking lots scattered all across the place or in brownfield areas.

1 minute ago, Nitro said:

Less property acquisition is a viewpoint that certainly most people and I support when it comes to transit expansion/building new subway lines. Best place to implement in them is in massive redundant parking lots scattered all across the place or in brownfield areas.

And what does this have to do with this subject????????????

And given the probable now $2o Billion cost, do you have the money????????

Just now, Busjack said:

And what does this have to do with this subject????????????

And given the probable now $2o Billion cost, do you have the money????????

I am demonstrating my views on transit because I'm a realistic person about it unlike you. You can stop asking questions and read the answers that I gave you myself.

32 minutes ago, Nitro said:

I am demonstrating my views on transit because I'm a realistic person about it unlike you. You can stop asking questions and read the answers that I gave you myself.

Which make no sense at all. As you just said in another topic, you look (and are) "misinformed." Hence your views views are just spam.