New Forum Look

One warning to all:I had to delete the chicagobus.org cookie to be able to sign on after changing my password. I was about to write Zolk a message about not being able to sign on after following the e-mail instructions, but finally figured it out. If you use two browsers, such as IE and Firefox, you need to clean out the cookie in each.

Thanks for the comments, trainman.

One warning to all:I had to delete the chicagobus.org cookie to be able to sign on after changing my password. I was about to write Zolk a message about not being able to sign on after following the e-mail instructions, but finally figured it out. If you use two browsers, such as IE and Firefox, you need to clean out the cookie in each.

Interesting. That issue didn't come up during testing. How was the forum preventing you from signing on? An error message of some sort?

Interesting. That issue didn't come up during testing. How was the forum preventing you from signing on? An error message of some sort?
The screen that said "Username or password incorrect" and again requesting the log in kept reappearing. I finally figured that since the screens said there was new encryption, maybe the old cookie was sending the old encryption.

I also now note that "quote" works differently, clicking Quote turns it red, and then one would click Add Reply. However, I more recently saw the "REPLY button, which does both.

This is entirely different forum software from what was used in the past, so there are some changes in how it works. Overall, it's much more powerful than the old forum.

I would think the cookies from the old forum would be completely incompatible with this one (and thus ignored by it), but it looks like I was wrong. However, on the other hand no one else has reported this issue thus far.

The screen that said "Username or password incorrect" and again requesting the log in kept reappearing.

This was a problem for me.

BTW:Your a mod? Maybe you should change your member title to "moderator".

Let me know if something doesn't work as expected.

What happened to my avatar? Oh and will be you putting up pics of 800 series soon?

I love the new look, got to get used to it though. It's so.....new!