New CTA Logos On Bus Stops.

It doesn't surprise me that signs for new routes (Lincoln/Sedgwick, Block 37 reroutes, probably the Goose Island Express, too) would have the current logo, though I think the temporary signs on Elston for the Foster Avenue reroute have the previous logo. I'm not holding my breath for the new logo to appear on existing signs, though; there are plenty out there that have escaped the last several rebrandings.

By the way, does anyone know how CTA does its signs? Is it a computer file printed on a decal when a route description changes? Does the logo change when the description does? It must be pretty expensive for CTA to be replacing signs, instead of following its old (and Pace's) policy of taping over them.

It doesn't surprise me that signs for new routes (Lincoln/Sedgwick, Block 37 reroutes, probably the Goose Island Express, too) would have the current logo...

It surprises me. The Lincoln signs were replaced when the new routing started six months ago. Why replace relatively new signs? It's seems like a waste if the only reason is to get a new logo on the things. There are plenty of other signs on other routes that are faded and generally beat to crap. Why not replace them?

The Lincoln signs are being replaced because the service is changing. The route will operate downtown all day on weekdays starting June 18.

I remember a few years ago when CTA was going to replace all the familiar bus stop signs with a new design that only described showed the route # and the name of that route. A few of those new design stops are still on Michigan ave. Also when CTA was planning to renumber much of the systems bus routes, but that plan was killed.

I remember a few years ago when CTA was going to replace all the familiar bus stop signs with a new design that only described showed the route # and the name of that route. A few of those new design stops are still on Michigan ave. Also when CTA was planning to renumber much of the systems bus routes, but that plan was killed.

I thought that was just an experiment for Michigan Avenue, similar to the unique station signage at Clark & Lake.

It surprises me. The Lincoln signs were replaced when the new routing started six months ago. Why replace relatively new signs? It's seems like a waste if the only reason is to get a new logo on the things. There are plenty of other signs on other routes that are faded and generally beat to crap. Why not replace them?

I didn't realize they were being replaced a second time. That does seem wasteful, although it's possible that printing signs has become cheaper than printing stickers.

Regarding the signs on Elston for the 92, upon closer inspection, it appears they were just moved over from Foster. They do look relatively new, though.