2007 Cta Bus Roadeo

Roadeo competitions are private. They are held for CTA Employees and their families only. They are usually at Skokie Shops, but in order to be there, you must be a CTA Employee.

Oh, really....I remember most of the competitions being held in the parking lot at US Cellular Field and the news media making a big deal of it, both print and TV. I realize it was never "publicy promoted" to come out and see it, but it was usually a big deal. And...didn't budget cuts curtail this ???

Oh, really....I remember most of the competitions being held in the parking lot at US Cellular Field and the news media making a big deal of it, both print and TV. I realize it was never "publicy promoted" to come out and see it, but it was usually a big deal. And...didn't budget cuts curtail this ???

I know they hold the competiton at the Cell. But are they doing it anymore there? I know they do it at Skokie. But are they doing it at the Cell? I know theres a public display where the public can come out to see it.

• 2 weeks later...

What exactly is this "Roadeo"? Is it some competition where the drivers do harmful things to the vehicles(i.e burnouts), or is it something like one driver races another around the designated lot/area?
It is supposed to be safety and skills, like driving around orange cones without knocking them down. See APTA page for the 2007 one (now completed).

Now if Route 66 Dragway had articulated bus races ..., but the Roadeo isn't that.