Washington Red Line Station

qwantae

It seems that when I take a peek while the Trains go slow zone underground, I see the closed station, and it seems that nothing is done, it looks the same in Blue color wall, and old floor, what exactly are they doing to the station? It was supposed to reopen later this year.

I was heard that Grand/State (Red) station is next to be rebuilt, do anyone know when are they starting to work on that?

It seems that when I take a peek while the Trains go slow zone underground, I see the closed station, and it seems that nothing is done, it looks the same in Blue color wall, and old floor, what exactly are they doing to the station? It was supposed to reopen later this year.
The crossover track for the Block 37 fiasco station is being built there.

I was heard that Grand/State (Red) station is next to be rebuilt, do anyone know when are they starting to work on that?

Preliminary construction work for Grand/State is already underway.

As for Washington, as of a couple years ago the plan was to permanently close Washington and move Monroe further north, remaining that station to Madison. I have no idea if that's still the goal.

Probably not, there is a financial problem over there. The project has just about used up all it's funding. Their supposed to be looking for a private investor to take over the project. The people that put out the first high speed airport to downtown transit overseas I think it was Amsterdam. Maybe they'll find the cash and save the day.

Preliminary construction work for Grand/State is already underway.

As for Washington, as of a couple years ago the plan was to permanently close Washington and move Monroe further north, remaining that station to Madison. I have no idea if that's still the goal.

So it means that Washington Station is no longer an transfer tunnel to Blue Line and Daley Center and Build an New Elevator for Monroe if possible?

Other reason for Permanently Closing Washington Red Line is because Lake is right there and their enterance is between Washington and Randolph in front of Marshall Fields.

So it means that Washington Station is no longer a transfer tunnel to Blue Line and Daley Center and Build an New Elevator for Monroe if possible?

NO, IT IS STILL A TRANSFER! LATER THIS YEAR, IT WILL REOPEN AS A TRANSFER. A new elevator at Monroe would be nice, but it will not be necessary.

Other reason for Permanently Closing Washington Red Line is because Lake is right there and their enterance is between Washington and Randolph in front of Marshall Fields.

Actually, Lake is pretty new. Washington has been the station since the State Street Subway was first built. Lake was created because, before the Library station was opened, there was no convenient way to transfer from State to the elevated.

I was very concerned about since the Pink Line came in service, I was wondering where can people transfer for free with using transit card or Chicago Card or Plus between Red and Pink Line (Except Rush Hour Blue Line to 54/ Cermak at Jackson), I've just relized that there is no way of that because Theres no convenient way to transfer between Red/ Pink Line at Jackson or Lake, They have to transfer to other elevated lines to get to Pink Line.

What? When you're downtown, it is just as easy to transfer to the Pink as it is to the Ravenswood, Evanston Exp, Orange, and Green lines.

So it means that Washington Station is no longer an transfer tunnel to Blue Line and Daley Center and Build an New Elevator for Monroe if possible?
Transfer between Jackson and Library. They don't dock you for the 25 cents there.

The real reason for the tunnel being closed is that they are building the CBS2 tower over it. Do you want to be hit by construction debris? Probably.

Transfer between Jackson and Library. They don't dock you for the 25 cents there.

The real reason for the tunnel being closed is that they are building the CBS2 tower over it. Do you want to be hit by construction debris? Probably.

Also don't forget the block 37 station itself is being built over the transfer tunnel. I heard jack hammers in the transfer tunnel last week. It must really be a mess down there.