Sunday/Holiday Service

Hey, for all you insiders who can get inside info on/with the CTA, I'm wondering, why is there barely anything out there (in terms of buses, besides it is a holiday today...)? Based on the Tracker, some routes only have a single bus throughout the whole route (62 Archer), while others have none! (Take the 63W West 63rd for example) I know it's a holiday, but still, some people (including myself later in the day) still have to get around, can't walk 20 blocks to get where we're going! What do you think of this?

Hey, for all you insiders who can get inside info on/with the CTA, I'm wondering, why is there barely anything out there (in terms of buses, besides it is a holiday today...)? Based on the Tracker, some routes only have a single bus throughout the whole route (62 Archer), while others have none! (Take the 63W West 63rd for example) I know it's a holiday, but still, some people (including myself later in the day) still have to get around, can't walk 20 blocks to get where we're going! What do you think of this?

Archer should be running between 5 and 7 buses. Probably a few ghost buses not seen on the tracker. Also a few missing operators who should be at work. You know there are a few buses that I've never seen on the tracker like #6701 or #6066 even though they were out there.

There appear to be some ghost buses in operation. Tracker shows only 6713 in service for #62 currently, but I've confirmed that 6685 is operating on that route as well.

Update: 6713 has now disappeared from Tracker, leaving no Archer buses appearing on the system. Perhaps there are glitches today?

Update 2: I've confirmed at least two additional buses are operating on Archer. Obviously something is not working correctly today.

There appear to be some ghost buses in operation. Tracker shows only 6713 in service for #62 currently, but I've confirmed that 6685 is operating on that route as well.

Update: 6713 has now disappeared from Tracker, leaving no Archer buses appearing on the system. Perhaps there are glitches today?

Update 2: I've confirmed at least two additional buses are operating on Archer. Obviously something is not working correctly today.

A LOT of things gone haywire today... just came back from a small grocery trip by taking 62 Archer, and there are WAY too many to be counted that the Tracker really did indeed miss (just to name a few I saw: 6506, 6685, 6565, 6555, 6713...)

Another thing was that I saw 2 X49's out there (NO, I wasn't blind to miss this :P if I were I heard the outside announcement just in case, it indeed did announce "Route X49, Western Express, to Berwyn"), sadly, I was blind to miss the numbers of the buses. :lol::P

UPDATE: (By the way, sorry I didn't add this in earlier) Also, when I was on the 62 Archer, I got on at around 6:30 PM, and I noticed that the run was A999. I was like, "hmm, must be an error or broken run box". But indeed, the run was A999 when the inside LED sign displayed it (how the inside sign displays the current street/stop, stop requests, date/time, now the CTA Bus Tracker announcement ctabustracker.com, and at often times, the run number). Then I went wacko! I got off, walked from the hardware store to Western, several blocks down, where I saw the X49's, and a 49, which peculiarly, had the same run, A999. Then I went NUTS!! :wacko:

A LOT of things gone haywire today... just came back from a small grocery trip by taking 62 Archer, and there are WAY too many to be counted that the Tracker really did indeed miss (just to name a few I saw: 6506, 6685, 6565, 6555, 6713...)

Another thing was that I saw 2 X49's out there (NO, I wasn't blind to miss this :P if I were I heard the outside announcement just in case, it indeed did announce "Route X49, Western Express, to Berwyn"), sadly, I was blind to miss the numbers of the buses. :lol::P

Now that's interesting with your X49 sightings given today was a major holiday and there should have been no X49 buses at all today. The whole system should still be on a Sunday schedule until tomorrow's early morning (approximately 4am) and rush hour periods.

It sounds like, from a lot of your reports, that the Clever Devices device was misprogrammed on a bunch of buses. If there were several A999 runs, the Bustracker server probably could not distinguish among them.

Why they wouldn't use regular Sunday run numbers is beyond me. Maybe a driver assigned to the routes can explain.

I thought this thread was more whether there was a distinction between Sunday and Holiday service. CTA does not make the distinction, while Pace does, in that some Sunday buses do not run Thanksgiving and Christmas.

As far as buses running on Sunday schedule on holidays, that is well publicized. For those who can't find a bus today, just think how it would have been if the Sunday schedule would have been the permanent one, as threatened.