New Terminal Signage

Zol87

Here is a picture of a new sign that I started seeing at Howard about a month ago.

It prohibits continuous riding with out exiting and paying again. Still, I'm not sure if they really enforce this strictly.

Has anyone seen this sign at other terminals?

post-287-1224037150_thumb.jpg

Here is a picture of a new sign that I started seeing at Howard about a month ago.

It prohibits continuous riding with out exiting and paying again. Still, I'm not sure if they really enforce this strictly.

Not yet, but with the cold weather nearing, I guess the CTA is doing a preemptive strike against the homeless. The CTA (and its riders) don't want the trains to become rolling homeless shelters which the Red, Green, and Blue Lines are.

Not yet, but with the cold weather nearing, I guess the CTA is doing a preemptive strike against the homeless.
Maybe, but I don't see how they can enforce this. Certainly they don't know who is on the train during busy periods. Do they have the transit police to sweep the trains clean of people at the terminals at night?

I remember doing some reverse riding, i.e. to check out a new extension.

Maybe, but I don't see how they can enforce this. Certainly they don't know who is on the train during busy periods. Do they have the transit police to sweep the trains clean of people at the terminals at night?

I remember doing some reverse riding, i.e. to check out a new extension.

I remember riding the Red Line to Howard during the overnight hours a few times, some service workers would wake up the sleeping passengers on the trains and platforms. I know they've made new benches in some of refurbished stations (i.e. Jackson & Lake Street) where it would be uncomfortable to lie down on them. It's going to be hard to enforce this practice, unless they'll get people watching the security cameras at the terminals and get either rail supervisors and/or transit police to enforce it.

I remember riding the Red Line to Howard during the overnight hours a few times, some service workers would wake up the sleeping passengers on the trains and platforms. I know they've made new benches in some of refurbished stations (i.e. Jackson & Lake Street) where it would be uncomfortable to lie down on them. It's going to be hard to enforce this practice, unless they'll get people watching the security cameras at the terminals and get either rail supervisors and/or transit police to enforce it.

Jesus said,

Joh 15:22 If1487 I had not3361 come2064 and2532 spoken2980 unto them,846 they had not3756 had2192 sin:266 but1161 now3568 they have2192 no3756 cloak4392 for4012 their848 sin.266

To paraphrase for the purpose of this thread, without the signs, there is no rule to enforce, but now with the signage, cops, security can point to the signs and shoo people away. I don't think this will be enforced as much during the day (unless someone looks like they are homeless), but expect a stricter enforcement dduuring late nights.

• 2 weeks later...

Youve got to be kidding! How can CTA possibly enforce this? And in any case if it is the riders discretion to reboard the train if for some reason they miss their stop, they should be allowed to without having to pay an additional fare. I can understand if homeless persons are looking for shelter but for a regular rider this is ridiculous. CTA cant be serious about this!

Youve got to be kidding! How can CTA possibly enforce this? And in any case if it is the riders discretion to reboard the train if for some reason they miss their stop, they should be allowed to without having to pay an additional fare. I can understand if homeless persons are looking for shelter but for a regular rider this is ridiculous. CTA cant be serious about this!

Geez, even if you had the money if you suddenly realized you forgot something, who would go out and pay to get back in again? I wonder how they handle folks with 24 hr passes? $6 for a warm place for the night isn't bad when you have no other place to go.

At least the signs don't say, "no rail faning"...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...