Question for Buslist

sw4400

I like the library of pics you have!!! (I believe you should put up a photo gallery on your site with the various bus photos you must have) :D Do you by chance have some shots of the Flyer D901's and the M.A.N Americanas in their original Green and White Livery? Also, in 1997, I believe, the CTA had some buses repainted in various schemes to get the public's opinion on them.  Do you have any photos of those as well?  Thank you for sharing your collection with us.

Also: Do you have any photos of the buses still in use today when they were just being put into service: (TMC RTS, Flxible 5300's and 6000's) and New Flyer's.  I'm curious to see how(if any) these buses changed over their years of service.

Yup here's a Flyer, have shots of the MANs but don't have the slides scanned. (and they're 1000 miles away from me right now).

Have nothing of the alternative paint schemes.

My big problem is that I don't have much time in Chi town even though I live in Aurora (actually in an airplane)  so shooting is a on and off again thing. But took my first CTA bus slide in '62.  

Will scan more slides when I get a chance.

But anyhow.  Here's a Flyer shot, looks like Limits, would have been early 90s but don't have the slide around to check.

GO SOX!

Here is yet another paint job on a AMG/MAN artic, #7013.  Its interesting that the AMG logo is missing from the front end but a MAN logo has appeard.  Seems that the AC isn't working. Photo in June of '87, Joe Testagross scan, not sure of the photographer but his/her initials are EO. Could thisbus have been delivered in thiese colors,seems unlikely. Enjoy.

Yup here's a Flyer, have shots of the MANs but don't have the slides scanned. (and they're 1000 miles away from me right now).

Have nothing of the alternative paint schemes.

My big problem is that I don't have much time in Chi town even though I live in Aurora (actually in an airplane)  so shooting is a on and off again thing. But took my first CTA bus slide in '62.  

Will scan more slides when I get a chance.

But anyhow.  Here's a Flyer shot, looks like Limits, would have been early 90s but don't have the slide around to check.

GO SOX!

:D Thanks for sharing this pic of the Flyer!!! This brings back so many memories of when I used to have to go to the doctor in the mid to late-80's.  We always took the #77 Belmont bus, and this bus type I remember so frequently on it.  I cannot wait to see what else you have to share!!! :D:D:D

Here is yet another paint job on a AMG/MAN artic, #7013.  Its interesting that the AMG logo is missing from the front end but a MAN logo has appeard.  Seems that the AC isn't working. Photo in June of '87, Joe Testagross scan, not sure of the photographer but his/her initials are EO. Could thisbus have been delivered in thiese colors,seems unlikely. Enjoy.

According to the roster page for the 7000-7019 series, these buses were ordered without A/C.  The 7100-7224 series had A/C.

• 2 weeks later...