Puerto Rico Bus Pics

Picture 1 is interesting--a Montreal style bus with Montreal style numbering, but with a British contract operator which also operates here.

Does the word on bus 3 mean the same thing en espanol?

• 4 months later...

I don't really want to create another thread on San Juan AMA buses and Tren Urbano, so I figure I'd ask Jesi2282 in this one.

I'll be heading to Puerto Rico in December for a cruise, but I will spend a Saturday transit fanning. I am staying at the Double Tree Hotel in Condado, would it be safe to walk to Tren Urbano Sagrado Corazon station from the hotel? Where are the best places in San Juan to find the most variety of buses. Any transit centers that I can hang around to see buses, and any busy streets to see some buses rolling by on? I am particularly on the lookout for Novas, the RTS and LFS. If they have any Flxibles left, I'd like to transit fan for those too. You mentioned in another thread you saw a 30ft Flx drive by as headed to AMA's garage. Speaking of the garage do you have the name of the person/operations supervisor you spoke with there, PM me. I'd be interested in checking out the buses at the facility, particularly the Flxs, but that is if they all haven't been hauled away for scrap. However, my garage visit would have to be on a Saturday, which means that the person in charge of operations may not be there, but will there still be a way to get in to see the buses?

Do you know if AMA/ATI sells a day pass for unlimited rides on buses and Tren?

Well to answer your first question about walking from Condado to Sagrado Corazon, its up to you, but if I were you, just to be on the safe side I would take the C10 bus which goes from Condado to Sagrado Corazon Tren Urbano, also so you could get a taste of the crazy Puerto Rico bus drivers.

For your second question, Sagrado Corazon is probably the best place to see all of what AMA has to offer, lots of action there: RTS, New Flyer, Orion, LFS and Gillig. When I'm in Puerto Rico I go stright to a bus terminal insted of waiting on the side of the street because buses there run every 20-40 minutes, so I do that insted of waiting forever on the street for one bus to pass.

As far as the Flxible's, they have been retired since August 2008, but if you go to the Depot they might still be there, when I was there in April the guy said they were waiting for flatbeds to transport them to the scrapyard. However there is a private bus company that runs a 30ft. Flxible between Rio Piedras and Caugas.

As far as the Garage, I didn't catch the name of the supervisor, but if you tell the guard why your there they might let you in. If you don't speak Spanish you might not be able to get in

And as far as AMA selling a day pass for unlimited rides, I don't think they do that.

I sent you a PM