20th Anniversary Buses

jesi2282

• 2 months later...

So Busjack is right about the 20th livery hitting its 5th year in use. Come guys. If a special livery still needs to be used, how about a 25th anniversary.

Was just making an observation on 5555's observation.

As the picture indicates, the wrap is falling off the windows.

Was just making an observation on 5555's observation.

As the picture indicates, the wrap is falling off the windows.

I noticed. I was sarcastically hinting that it's well past time to remove the wrap. Especially given that Pace didn't make a big deal of this being its 25th year that I know of.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pace North's NABI 35-LFW number 2423 is still in it's 20th anniversary wrap.

What is interesting, is that before NABI redesigned their website, bus 2423, in its regular livery, was the bus they used for the photo of the 35-LFW.

Plus, several controls are laid out different on the panel to the left of the driver.

Somewhere, on an archive CD I burned, I have a picture of this different control panel. A driver I knew, let me take a picture of the panel when no one else was on the bus and we were at a red light. Maybe I should find that CD?

Pace North's NABI 35-LFW number 2423 is still in it's 20th anniversary wrap.

What is interesting, is that before NABI redesigned their website, bus 2423, in its regular livery, was the bus they used for the photo of the 35-LFW.

Plus, several controls are laid out different on the panel to the left of the driver.

Somewhere, on an archive CD I burned, I have a picture of this different control panel. A driver I knew, let me take a picture of the panel when no one else was on the bus and we were at a red light. Maybe I should find that CD?

I don't know about the control panel, but on the NABI pictures, the word "pace" was centered on the front, but by the time 2423 went into service, it was more to the left, as viewed looking on, as are the ones on the other 2401 series buses.

It has been so long since NABI had that bus on their website, that I had forgotten about that.

Some of us here, are speculating, that 2423 might have been some sort of prototype or something. I think it was one of the few that says 1998 on its info plate behind the driver. A couple other units are 1998 built instead of 1999 too.

Next time I am on 2423, I will look at that.

• 3 months later...