Pace Bus Moves

rotjohns

I guess your likely guess of what would stay didn't pan out.:o:lol:

At least looking what seemed to be on the street or on WebWatch didn't even indicate that North had 2314. Do you have a complete "preexecution" list of the Orions at North (I was thinking those basically in the 2328-2338 range, except for 3 or 4 that were already sold off)?

Just got word from one of the drivers about three of the five Orions being sent to South Holland:

Are known to be going so far.

2335 really was not a surprise, given how crappy it runs.

Now to find out the other two!

Are these buses driven to South Holland or are they towed? I'd wonder if they die on 294 if they were driven.. :lol:

2 interesting notes today from watching webwatch:

1. Orion VIs 6064 & 6067, 2 more West buses, has moved to NW. According to Webwatch, 6064 is on the 208 and 6067 (I believe that was a former wrapped bus for a company in Elmhurst) is on route 290. So we now know 6063, 6064, 6066, & 6067 have been moved. Curious move to send buses 6060-6071 to NW now when they moved 6037-6041 over there late last year.

2. There are absolutely NO Orion VIs running on any of it's West routes today at all. Zero. Usually at least 3-4 Orions run on Sat and maybe that many on Sunday.

Both of these being said, you'd have to believe West is gearing up for taking the Academy Nabis when it's all said and done and prepping to send more Orions over to NW in the very near future.

2335 is still at the garage, but from what I was told yesterday evening, 2314 (I think) is already gone.

I was joking with Mr. Fardoux a couple yesterday that his Boy Scout troop (He is a scoutmaster, and I volunteer with the Boy Scouts) should take bus 2335 on a one-way trip to Camp Ma Ka Ja Wan up in the northwoods, and leave it at the bottom of Lake Killian at camp! He just laughed. I was about to suggest driving it into the OA firebowl during a ceremony, but decided to remain silent on that one.:D

2 interesting notes today from watching webwatch:

1. Orion VIs 6064 & 6067, 2 more West buses, has moved to NW. According to Webwatch, 6064 is on the 208 and 6067 (I believe that was a former wrapped bus for a company in Elmhurst) is on route 290. So we now know 6063, 6064, 6066, & 6067 have been moved. Curious move to send buses 6060-6071 to NW now when they moved 6037-6041 over there late last year.

Not news. I saw 6067 with the pale tan wrap on 423 earlier this week. 6063-6067 have shown up on WebWatch on NW routes for the past couple of weeks. 6062 and 6068-6071 still showed up at W. So that seems like the extent of the move at the moment.

Next week, maybe something different.

Why not just send all NS Nova Classics to Southwest to send some SW 6000s to NW for 1993 Orions? Or just send NS Classics back to NW for 1993 Orions since NS is getting more 2700s. Even though I'll hate to see the rest of 1993 Orions to go.

Why not just send all NS Nova Classics to Southwest to send some SW 6000s to NW for 1993 Orions? Or just send NS Classics back to NW for 1993 Orions since NS is getting more 2700s. Even though I'll hate to see the rest of 1993 Orions to go.

Looking at comments from earlier threads, it appears that NS only have 3 Nova Classics that are still running and only 2 of them show up on Webwatch during rush hour (2390 and 2393). So it really won't put too much of a dent. Now if NS gets more 2700s in the future as you say, then the 93 Orions will most likely end up canned unless they get life somewhere else.

Looking at comments from earlier threads, it appears that NS only have 3 Nova Classics that are still running and only 2 of them show up on Webwatch during rush hour (2390 and 2393). So it really won't put too much of a dent. Now if NS gets more 2700s in the future as you say, then the 93 Orions will most likely end up canned unless they get life somewhere else.

And not even that, lately.

I have a feeling something is wrong if they are reported still in the garage, but not going out.

And not even that, lately.

I have a feeling something is wrong if they are reported still in the garage, but not going out.

Checking the p.m. rush hour today, no Novas are running any of the NS routes, usually on the 626. Someone from NS can vouch for this, but I have a feeling either they moved to SW, or they've been toasted.

Checking the p.m. rush hour today, no Novas are running any of the NS routes, usually on the 626. Someone from NS can vouch for this, but I have a feeling either they moved to SW, or they've been toasted.

Most of SW's do show up on WebWatch (2379-2389, 2398-2401, minus the couple that were on the last sales list), but NS's don't show up there.The last report regarding NS was when 5750 ran an errand there.

• 2 weeks later...

Not news. I saw 6067 with the pale tan wrap on 423 earlier this week. 6063-6067 have shown up on WebWatch on NW routes for the past couple of weeks. 6062 and 6068-6071 still showed up at W. So that seems like the extent of the move at the moment.

Next week, maybe something different.

Looking thru webwatch this morning during rush hour, I can't find 6061-6062 or 6068-6071 anywhere NW or W. Anybody know where these buses are?

Looking thru webwatch this morning during rush hour, I can't find 6061-6062 or 6068-6071 anywhere NW or W. Anybody know where these buses are?

Probably in the garage or the yard. Also, there will be weather tomorrow.

I understand that this doesn't answer the question you implied, but....

Probably in the garage or the yard. Also, there will be weather tomorrow.

I understand that this doesn't answer the question you implied, but....

It's ok, I was just curious as to whether they might be getting prepped to head to NW. And out of curiosity, what does the weather have to do with them?

It's ok, I was just curious as to whether they might be getting prepped to head to NW. And out of curiosity, what does the weather have to do with them?

Predicting the obvious; also included in this category is that the stock market will either go up or down tomorrow.

I don't know how long ago this happened since I just noticed it, but yesterday I saw Orion VI #6055 running route 381. That bus joins 6052, which went over there over a year ago. Could it be that some of the Orions head SW to take out the Novas, as Busjack mentioned awhile back?

UPDATE: This weekend I saw #6054 also at SW on route 379. I would also "guess" that 6053 is also over there.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know how long ago this happened since I just noticed it, but yesterday I saw Orion VI #6055 running route 381. That bus joins 6052, which went over there over a year ago. Could it be that some of the Orions head SW to take out the Novas, as Busjack mentioned awhile back?

UPDATE: This weekend I saw #6054 also at SW on route 379. I would also "guess" that 6053 is also over there.

UPDATE AGAIN: I "guessed" wrong. 6053 is still at West. I saw it today on the 322 (by the way it still has the Census wrap on it). That's odd that 6052, 6054, and 6055 moved to SW, but 6053 was left behind.