After-Hours Garage Contacts

sw4400

Last night, a co-worker of mine was pick-pocketed on the SB #11 around 7:30p. I tried contacting the CTA Customer Service last night to see if they could tell me the bus number at that location at the time, so he could perhaps have the video looked at from that bus. But all I got through the 1-888-YOUR-CTA number was an automated message that the hours were from 7a-8p. I even tried 411 to contact the North Park Garage, but even they had no contact number for them(which was suprising). So if you become a victim of a theft, or you leave something of important value on a bus(e.g a wallet with credit cards, etc...), you gotta call the next morning??? Isn't there contact numbers for the CTA Bus Garages(I mean, the drivers call in sick from time to time, so there must be)?

If you're a victim of theft, call the police and have a report filled. They'll handle the obtaining of video surveillance.

That is correct. Basically, the CTA will do it only at the police's behest or if they call the cops, and only the police can do anything with it; you or your friend can't.

The operation of the camera system was explained in this Press Release; hard to believe that was 9 years ago already.

That is correct. Basically, the CTA will do it only at the police's behest or if they call the cops, and only the police can do anything with it; you or your friend can't.

The operation of the camera system was explained in this Press Release; hard to believe that was 9 years ago already.

CTA won't release video to anyone unless it is requested by law enforcement.

CTA won't release video to anyone unless it is requested by law enforcement.

The co-worker didn't remember the bus #, just the direction, stop he got off at, and time he exited. Knowing this, since he did file a police report, I figured North Park could've looked at their data to see what bus was at that stop at that time, then he could just simply tell CPD, who would probably send someone to/contact North Park to get the images from the bus around that time.

...since he did file a police report, I figured North Park could've looked at their data to see what bus was at that stop at that time, then he could just simply tell CPD, who would probably send someone to/contact North Park to get the images from the bus around that time.

The image data supposedly stays on the camera drive for 100 hours worth, and I am sure that the garage can identify the bus from the time of day, so if the police want it, they can get it.