Remembering The Past....

sw4400

I know there are members who miss these retired buses. I know I do, and so in rememberance, I thought I'd make this post with the sounds of these buses in action.

***Note*** As future buses are retired, videos and sounds of them in action will be placed in this topic, if videos can be found

TMC RTS(4400)

Flxible Metro(5300)

Flxible Metro(5700-Cummins)

Flxible Metro(6000)

Flxible Metro(6300-Cummins)

New Flyer D40LF(5800)

NABI 60-LFW(7500)

TMC RTS-4400, Flxible-5300, New Flyer-5800, and NABI-7500 posted to YouTube by baul104

Flxible-5700-Cummins posted to YouTube by pace2308

Flxible-6000 posted to YouTube by metroktransit

Flxible-6300-Cummins posted to YouTube by Nabinut

I know there are members who miss these retired buses. I know I do, and so in rememberance, I thought I'd make this post with the sounds of these buses in action.

TMC RTS(4400)

Flxible Metro(5300)

Flxible Metro(5700-Cummins)

Flxible Metro(6000)

Flxible Metro(6300-Cummins)

New Flyer D40LF(5800)

NABI 60-LFW(7500)

TMC RTS-4400, Flxible-5300, New Flyer-5800, and NABI-7500 posted to YouTube by baul104

Flxible-5700-Cummins posted to YouTube by pace2308

Flxible-6000 posted to YouTube by metroktransit

Flxible-6300-Cummins posted to YouTube by Nabinut

Honestly, I kinda miss the NABIs. It's just a shame that they got defective so soon.

My Last Rides On These Buses Were:

6087 - 15 Jeffery Local (August 2006)

6220 - 9 Ashland (August 2006)

5629 - 106 East 103rd (August 2006)

6075 - 106 East 103rd (December 2006)

6086 - 106 East 103rd (December 2006)

4635 - 106 East 103rd (February 2007)

7543 - 14 Jeffery Express (February (2007)

7537 - 14 Jeffery Express (May 2007)

7504 - 14 Jeffery Express (May 2007)

4634 - 14 Jeffery Express (July 2007)

5632 and 5629 - 14 Jeffery Express (August 2007)

6012 - 106 East 103rd (October 2007)

7548 - 14 Jeffery Express (October 2007)

7535 - 14 Jeffery Express (December 2007)

4786 - 29 State (December 2007)

7524 - 14 Jeffery Express (November 2008)

7513 - 14 Jeffery Express (November 2008)

7543 - 14 Jeffery Express (December 2008)

Here is my ride on an ex-CTA RTS in Peoria back in 2009.

ex-CTA 4550 TMC RTS in Peoria

Some CTA Flxible Metro rides I recorded:

CTA #6328 squealing Flx Ride! Cummins Engine

CTA #6084 ride, Detroit Diesel Series 50

I've rode the Cummins M-11 Flxibles before. I liked their sound, but those SQUEALS!!! How hard would it have been for the CTA Maintainance staff to replace whatever belt(s) were causing that?

Guest DevalDragon

Who knows what the future will hold for the NABIs.

They may find some way to put them back together and back on the road. Just wish they didn't have to get lawyers and Crook County involved...

U said it. Me too.

They may find some way to put them back together and back on the road. Just wish they didn't have to get lawyers and Crook County involved...

Well, NABI got them involved by suing the CTA in Cook County Circuit Court for not paying the retainage. CTA counterclaimed, based on that the balance was not due, due to manufacturing process defects then detected (about 2005). Of course, the $#!# hit the fan when one bus split and Rodriguez was forced to pull them from the street.

NABI has had almost two years to make good on its promise to inspect and repair the buses in question, and there is no indication that it has done so.

At least CTA shows concern for its passengers' safety, and, in that light, I am not worshiping at the altar of junk.

Guest DevalDragon

From what I have found NABI issued a recall, but CTA refused to give NABI access to the buses and perform the work. It's hard for NABI to fix a piece of equipment they have no access to. I would not say that CTA has been 100% cooperative in this matter.

Nobody can blame CTA for pulling them off the road when one of the fell apart - literally. Obviously that was the right thing to do.

Even more interesting is that an online search of the Crook County Circuit Court records does not find any filings for this case. Has anything actually been filed, or is that all talk too? When will this actually go before the court?

Well, NABI got them involved by suing the CTA in Cook County Circuit Court for not paying the retainage. CTA counterclaimed, based on that the balance was not due, due to manufacturing process defects then detected (about 2005). Of course, the $#!# hit the fan when one bus split and Rodriguez was forced to pull them from the street.

NABI has had almost two years to make good on its promise to inspect and repair the buses in question, and there is no indication that it has done so.

At least CTA shows concern for its passengers' safety, and, in that light, I am not worshiping at the altar of junk.

From what I have found NABI issued a recall, but CTA refused to give NABI access to the buses and perform the work. It's hard for NABI to fix a piece of equipment they have no access to. I would not say that CTA has been 100% cooperative in this matter.

Nobody can blame CTA for pulling them off the road when one of the fell apart - literally. Obviously that was the right thing to do.

Even more interesting is that an online search of the Crook County Circuit Court records does not find any filings for this case. Has anything actually been filed, or is that all talk too? When will this actually go before the court?

Do you have any links to any of that? If you are relying on the NABI press release from April 2009,* that doesn't explain what if anything NABI has done for the past 22 months.

As far as when it might go to trial, I suggest that you search the Chicago Daily Law Bulletin and report to us. I'm just saying what is reported in the Tribune,** and Karen Seimetz and Kevin Loughlin don't report to me. Why don't you give them a call, instead of relying on a negative?

*Which we then wrote off as probably bull.

**Although not a primary source, I think this News Archive summarizes the situation as we understood it.

• Upvote 1