Spring Pick 2011 Changes

BusHunter

The spring pick is supposed to take effect this weekend on Mar. 20th. I couldn't help but notice most of the changes seem to be on the North Side routes. It looks like there getting ready to expand operations again on the Lakefront like they did last year, which may require a little bus swapping. I heard that some Fg #77's may start doing service as #76's as well as the #74's they now do. That may make sense if they intend to beef up lakeshore services with the extra demand on Chicago, Kedzie and NP. I also spotted #6701 on the #90 on Monday evening so I don't know if more Novas are coming there way or not, but they may need some extra buses anyway if they intend to do #76's too.

The spring pick is supposed to take effect this weekend on Mar. 20th. I couldn't help but notice most of the changes seem to be on the North Side routes. It looks like there getting ready to expand operations again on the Lakefront like they did last year, which may require a little bus swapping. I heard that some Fg #77's may start doing service as #76's as well as the #74's they now do. That may make sense if they intend to beef up lakeshore services with the extra demand on Chicago, Kedzie and NP. I also spotted #6701 on the #90 on Monday evening so I don't know if more Novas are coming there way or not, but they may need some extra buses anyway if they intend to do #76's too.

As far as Novas are concerned, 6701 could possibly also be a loan rather than an actual transfer since 6703 is still a NP bus because it was a 49 Western NP run early this afternoon.

While on the topic of Novas on a quick sidebar, I'll give you all an interesting twist I spotted Saturday morning. Bus 6676 was on the 49 Western sporting run number 6676. Had to chuckle at it being one of those rare moments where bus vehicle number was exactly the same as the run number.

As far as Novas are concerned, 6701 could possibly also be a loan rather than an actual transfer since 6703 is still a NP bus because it was a 49 Western NP run early this afternoon.

While on the topic of Novas on a quick sidebar, I'll give you all an interesting twist I spotted Saturday morning. Bus 6676 was on the 49 Western sporting run number 6676. Had to chuckle at it being one of those rare moments where bus vehicle number was exactly the same as the run number.

Looks like your right about #6701. It didn't have an F sticker or P sticker on the windshield when I spotted it, so there was no way to determine it's status. It was being driven by a FG operator though. As far as weird run numbers, lucky or not, there's 777 on the #77. I wonder if #6777 has ever driven that. That would be weird to see or photograph.

As far as weird run numbers, lucky or not, there's 777 on the #77. I wonder if #6777 has ever driven that. That would be weird to see or photograph.

That would take a 74th driver to have a coincidence of run and bus numbers.

However, based on the Garages page, run 6666 could occur on Western.

That would take a 74th driver to have a coincidence of run and bus numbers.

However, based on the Garages page, run 6666 could occur on Western.

Back when Chicago had #5300's Flx's that could've also occurred as well. Currently 103rd may also have some run numbers like that with so many #1000's buses in the fleet.

As far as the 145/148 combination goes, I noticed for the morning rush anyway North Park now handles most if not all of the morning 148 trips and the northbound 145 trips that become 148's. Kedzie is now on the morning 145 short runs from Irving Pk before taking over a bulk of the midday 145 trips.