• Red Line
    • Blue Line
    • Green Line
    • Yellow Line
    • Brown Line
    • Orange Line
    • Purple Line
    • Purple Line Express

I voted for the Blue line or O'Hare Congress Douglass as i prefer to call it. I lived not to far from it and it was the first line I rode as a kid. I also love the 2200s. I have lots of fond memories riding this line like when it used to end at River Rd. I also rode the first day it went to O'Hare that was a great ride.

I'll take the (Blue) Congress-Douglas-Milwaukee (West Northwest). It is what I have rode the most in my lifetime....from the days it ended at Logan Square, then Jeff Park, River Road (Rosemont) then finally O'Hare. I think the Douglas reroute will have mixed reviews....and in the end may be a less is more proposition...with less trains looking as more by using the Paulina Corridor reroute. We shall see !!!!

• 1 year later...

Although I live alongside the Blue Line, my favorite line has to be the Yellow Line or as I still like to call it "The Skokie Swift" It is my favorite line for many reasons. First it continues to run on tracks that the famous Chicago North Shore and Milwaukee Trains once ran on. There a few remnants of the North Shore are still visible. When the line had the overhead catenary it was cool to see the trolley pans operating. Although now gone I like to remember it when it ran that way. Its a total suburban operation save for the Howard Station stop, it is a unique line. It resembles Interurban transit, It has the looks of an interurban train. In the days when the old 5-50 cars and the articulateds ran on it it was an awesome line to ride you couldnt get me off the trains. Sometimes I just enjoyed watching the cars pulling into Howard station and looking at the trolley pans resting on top of the cars. You would not see this on other CTA cars in the system except for the few cars that would run in a train on the Ravenswood or Evanston Express train. Other spots along the line were fun to watch such as the McCormick Rd bridge, the Skokie Shops, and the grade crossings. My favorite grade location to watch was at Niles Ctr. Rd. and last the Dempster station before it was relocated it still looked like a North Shore train would pass through there just imagining heading to Mundelein or North Chicago Junc. or Milwaukee. I always looked at it as a special line. When I was in high school I would spend my saturday riding the Red Line up to Howard and looking forward to riding the Skokie Swift. If it wasant there I would look down at the right of way and see the car coming up out of the line. I remember on weekdays they ran the two car 61-64 series, those cars really had an interurban look with the two car trains and pantographs on either end of the train, you only saw those on weekdays. I especially enjoyed when they ran a single double ended car on the line using the pan trolley. I rode the 3 section cars only a few times before they were removed from service so I dont have too many memories of those cars but the 5-50 series cars were undoubtly the best cars and they looked great! My favorite thing about the Skokie Swift is that the North Shore Line trains ran on those very same tracks. Even though the overhead catenary is no longer in use the line itself still resembles today like an interurban. Everyone can make their own conclusion about the line but it still looks interurban to me and I hope the line is around for many more years to come. The Purple Line is also my other favorite because it is a total suburban operation. Unfortunately because of the unfriendliness of the residents of Evanston and their cold, snobbish behavior I have no desire to ride the Purple line.

• 4 months later...

I like the Orange Line the best because it has some of the nicest stations and it gets you to Midway so fast. But I also really like the Pink Line because I take it the most along with the Brown Line because it goes through great neighborhoods.

I think I'm one of the few people on this forum that likes the Pink Line. At first I didn't like it because it was taking my direct service to UIC East Campus away from me (I live off of the Polk Stop on the Douglas Branch of the Blue/Pink Line). But it makes getting to Lincoln Park So much easier for me. The connections to the Brown Line are great because when I am heading North. Clark/Lake is the first stop on the Pink Line when entering the Loop and it is also the Brown Lines last. When returning, Washington/Wells is the Brown Lines first stop within the Loop and the Pink's last. It really makes my commute a whole lot quicker.

I think I'm one of the few people on this forum that likes the Pink Line. At first I didn't like it because it was taking my direct service to UIC East Campus away from me (I live off of the Polk Stop on the Douglas Branch of the Blue/Pink Line). But it makes getting to Lincoln Park So much easier for me.

I've never ridden the Pink line, so I really can't say anything, but why do you like it, especially if it took your service from that UIC campus you speak of? I personally wouldn't like it at all if that were me in that situation.

I've never ridden the Pink line, so I really can't say anything, but why do you like it, especially if it took your service from that UIC campus you speak of? I personally wouldn't like it at all if that were me in that situation.

It makes getting other places much easier. Getting downtown on the Pink is much better than taking the Blue. The Blue is always running on one track or some other issue. And it is never running on any sort of schedule (but it is a much larger line, so I have to give it that). Since the Pink is shorter, it can stick to its schedule more. And plus, with the West Side Service Revisions, the bus service to that campus has been improved greatly. The #7 and #38 all serve UIC plus we have our own shuttle. You have to take the good with the bad I guess.

• 1 month later...

I have to vote Brown, though I don't live near it anymore. The views are simply spectacular. something you really can't get from any other line in my opinion. The neighborhoods it goes through are fun too (though I have long tired of the Lincoln Park-Lakeview scene).