Much Ado About Nothing

twyztdmynd

From Pacebus.com

"In support of safe travel during the holiday season, Pace will offer penny fares for travel on all fixed bus routes and ADA paratransit service beginning at 10:00pm on Monday, December 31, 2012, until 4:00am on Tuesday, January 1, 2013. "

I don't think this really matters due to the small percentage (low single digit) of routes out past 10pm new years eve. I mean it works for CTA and feel pretty good about it. But, I don't get the implied warm fuzzy feeling Pace is trying to convey. It's like Rohm-bo promising doubling the police force but yet hiring 1 cop for every 6 lost.

Sorry, just had to B#$*%.

• Upvote 1

From Pacebus.com

"In support of safe travel during the holiday season, Pace will offer penny fares for travel on all fixed bus routes and ADA paratransit service beginning at 10:00pm on Monday, December 31, 2012, until 4:00am on Tuesday, January 1, 2013. "

I don't think this really matters due to the small percentage (low single digit) of routes out past 10pm new years eve. I mean it works for CTA and feel pretty good about it. But, I don't get the implied warm fuzzy feeling Pace is trying to convey. It's like Rohm-bo promising doubling the police force but yet hiring 1 cop for every 6 lost.

Sorry, just had to B#$*%.

They've been saying this for several years, but I got the same impression, as most Pace routes end about 10 p.m., and I don't think anyone is going to work at UPS the next morning (or going there drunk). Maybe if you are at 95th and just have to get to Harvey.

• Upvote 2

I've thought the same thing. Perhaps if new years eve falls on a Friday or Saturday, then one could ride the 565 at a specific time, but this is unlikely. Other than that, I get the feeling that they're trying to emulate the CTA and failing. Now if they started offering penny rides around 4-5 PM, then I would feel better about the idea.

Right. Exactly what kind of service is Pace giving after 10 PM outside of shift change stuff on its remaining UPS routes? The closest I could find is 215, 223, 290, 352 and 353 from skimming the 200s and 300s. 223 and the 352 are only two I saw that wasn't doing hourly trips at or after 10 with 352 concentrated more north of the Harvey Transportation Center.

Right. Exactly what kind of service is Pace giving after 10 PM outside of shift change stuff on its remaining UPS routes?

Between 10 p.m. to or a little later than 12 midnight, routes such as 290, 349, 352, 353, 359, and 381. In short, short turns connecting with CTA. Throw in one trip from Northbrook Court at 10:00.

I was thinking that this really could be a promotional opportunity, but the "most interesting man in the world" (one potential advertiser) doesn't have to ride Pace.

Right. Exactly what kind of service is Pace giving after 10 PM outside of shift change stuff on its remaining UPS routes? The closest I could find is 215, 223, 290, 352 and 353 from skimming the 200s and 300s. 223 and the 352 are only two I saw that wasn't doing hourly trips at or after 10 with 352 concentrated more north of the Harvey Transportation Center.

Enough service to cover the inner suburbs. Not much else. Clearly if you live outside the intermediate suburbs, or if you need a ride after 1am, you need to take a cab (or drunk tow). Otherwise, this might be a valuable tool (especially if you don't want to drink and drive). The service might not person to you guys, but typo the regular trust, it might be of some use.