J1 Irish students in Chicago

Good afternoon,

Well it's that time of year when the Irish J1 Students come to Chicago to work for the summer. My question to any CTA operators as well as PACE operators and Metra conductors do they cause any problems on your bus/train? I have some do, Thank you

Metra has the most problems, most of which are delays. Pace buses takes 2 hours to wait on. CTA's only issues come from accidents (minor or major), reroutes of buses due to street work or other activities, and raised bridges (if traveling on either the Pink, Green, Brown, or Purple Lines, the latter of which only runs during weekday AM/PM rush hours).

Pace buses takes 2 hours to wait on.

Not really.

If I understand the question, it honestly depends on where the students are waiting on the buses and trains. As unpredictable as traffic and delays have been from construction and other activities this year, it is just a matter of finding a sweet spot in making all of the transfers. Helps to have a transit app cover all three services, but also be aware that delays are inevitable.

... Pace buses takes 2 hours to wait on. ...

MetroShadow is correct. Pace publishes schedules for all routes, and modifies them for construction. Maybe you haven't found pacebus.com, but I'm sure exchange students have.

The only conceivable way one has to wait 2 hours is if they get to the Naperville Metra station at 2:35 p.m. waiting for a feeder, which doesn't start running until 4:41. Again, one can consult the schedule.

If these students are a problem, my question is how bad of a problem are they? I've been on a Red Line train where young kids have been running the length of the train car screaming things that I should not repeat on this forum. Not to mention almost watching a guy get kicked off a Metra train (he cooperated until he got off).

Pace buses takes 2 hours to wait on.

Not if you're at the right place at the right time, and as others have mentioned, there are good ways to find the right place at the right time. :)