New Flyers Receiving New Seats

Kevin

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I work at Fire station 38 at 16th/Pulaski in Chicago. I ve noticed quite a bit of changes going on at Chicago and Kedzie garages.

6400 and other 6400 Novas are now running out of Chicago I see them frequently on 53 Pulaski. Kedzie I noticed no more 6000s

too bad!! Excellent buses!! Ive seen the New Flyer 1402 on Pulaski. Its awesome that 1300s and 1400s are once again running on Pulaski. The last time I saw this was the GMC Fishbowls 1300s/1400/1500s running out of the old North Ave. Garage when my dad (god rest his soul)worked there 25 years ago. My dad retired out of FG in 1998 when North ave closed in 1986. For a time back in 1997 when I started out of Kedzie garage. I operated 82 Kim/Homan, I would meet my dad who was operating on the 81 Lawrence WB at Lawerence/Kimball at the same exact time. He was in a 5500 Flxible I would show off my talent NB in the venerable 4000 MANs.

I remember as I pulled out of the stop I would open the doors and salute my dad as I drove in front of him NB on Kimball.

Ive seen the New Flyer 1402 on Pulaski. Its awesome that 1300s and 1400s are once again running on Pulaski. The last time I saw this was the GMC Fishbowls 1300s/1400/1500s running out of the old North Ave. Garage when my dad (god rest his soul)worked there 25 years ago. My dad retired out of FG in 1998 when North ave closed in 1986.

I have had some of the same thoughts of the Fishbowl 1300-1400-1500's at North Ave

when I see 1300's at Chicago now. I am sure that somewhere, sometime, be it out of North Ave

or Forest Glen, I probably rode on your dad's bus someplace.

I remember as I pulled out of the stop I would open the doors and salute my dad as I drove in front of him NB on Kimball.

Now, that is cool !!!!!!

I work at Fire station 38 at 16th/Pulaski in Chicago. I ve noticed quite a bit of changes going on at Chicago and Kedzie garages.

6400 and other 6400 Novas are now running out of Chicago I see them frequently on 53 Pulaski. Kedzie I noticed no more 6000s

too bad!! Excellent buses!! Ive seen the New Flyer 1402 on Pulaski. Its awesome that 1300s and 1400s are once again running on Pulaski. The last time I saw this was the GMC Fishbowls 1300s/1400/1500s running out of the old North Ave. Garage when my dad (god rest his soul)worked there 25 years ago. My dad retired out of FG in 1998 when North ave closed in 1986. For a time back in 1997 when I started out of Kedzie garage. I operated 82 Kim/Homan, I would meet my dad who was operating on the 81 Lawrence WB at Lawerence/Kimball at the same exact time. He was in a 5500 Flxible I would show off my talent NB in the venerable 4000 MANs.

Those Former Kedzie 6000's Went To 103 And FG