Pace 2128

CTA 9537

Hello everybody just an update on the 2100s still in service. I saw 2128 on one of the Lake-Cook rd shuttle bugs today. It still looks good an I am happy to see that it is still running.
Yep, it was on 624 (Glen shuttle) tonight.

As for those who had put it on the "dead line": "you don't know what you've got 'till its gone."

As for those who had put it on the "dead line": "you don't know what you've got 'till its gone."

yea u got that right the orions were the best buses made i miss them alot.Godd thing we got the two 2300s i just love them so much alot better the any nabi.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

There need to send that bus to south.

I agree, to replace 2400s because I dont think that 2400s are going to make it in 2009 which that time will be 10 years old. Im surprise Ikarus from West is still on the line and they are 15 years old (same age as CTA 4400s and 5300s.

yea u got that right the orions were the best buses made i miss them alot.Godd thing we got the two 2300s i just love them so much alot better the any nabi.

I bet that two of the Orions (2325 and 2309) runs on every different routes everyday, do they even run on Sundays? Do you ever get to drive them?

• 2 weeks later...

This bus has not been retired. There are in Ravinia service.
That is as good as retired, since Ravinia service has (at least in this century) always been leftovers taken out of service on their regular routes, such as the 8600s after being taken out of service in Waukegan, then the 8700s when they were gone everywhere else, and until recently the 8900s, even though Pace was "fully accessible" since 2003. Apparently they are not being used in North Shore Division revenue service, even though HP is apparently paying Pace something for the service.

It probably depends on the definition of "retired," since these buses haven't been listed in the Pace budget for the past few years, even though they were used by North Shore until approximately a month ago.

What do you mean by "Ravinia" service?
When the Ravinia Festival has a concert, Highland Park uses its own plus generally old Pace buses to transport patrons from the downtown parking lots to the Festival site. Apparently, Highland Park is under some obligation to pay fares to Pace, since recent pronouncements from Pace indicated that the revenue was down because the concerts were not as good.

• 3 weeks later...