Metra F40 Moves/Retired

John7

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/20/2019 at 6:42 PM, John7 said:

Had to create this topic since some of the f40ph-2's are soon to be retired because of "newer" locomotives coming into service 

Probably not going to happen. Word circulating the past few days has all of the 100 series locos making their way back to

Progress Rail for rebuild #2. Manufacturers are supposedly not taking nickel and dime orders for minimal amounts of equipment,

more like orders for complete fleet overhaul (200-300...)

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 10 months later...
1 hour ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Is there a forum for rail car retirements 

Who is counting? Although there probably won't be any until the Alstom cars arrive.

1 hour ago, Busjack said:

Who is counting? Although there probably won't be any until the Alstom cars arrive.

I saw some cars in the yard that you can see in the yard if you take the 51 or the 24 or the 15 or the red line between 51st and 47th on the east like 7206 which I heard  caught on fire 

11 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

I saw some cars in the yard that you can see in the yard if you take the 51 or the 24 or the 15 or the red line between 51st and 47th on the east like 7206 which I heard  caught on fire 

Since 47th is the rehab shop, they are probably there for that, unless irremediably wrecked.

Current locomotives stored in Antioch Yard:

F40PH-2: #152, 153, 155, 160, 168, 169, 170, 171 & 172 (Retired)

F40PH-3 #109, 115 & 216 (presumed to be scheduled for rebuild or are stripped of parts/retired)

F59PH: #94, 95 & 96