New Dec 20 2020 schedule

sht6131

27 minutes ago, sht6131 said:

This is a question for Shannon or anybody that works at Kedzie. Noticed that the Sunday schedule for the 82 according to the bus tracker had 16 runs. Always has been  11 runs. What gives? Has 82 become that heavy on Sunday all of a sudden.

https://www.transitchicago.com/travel-information/alert-detail/?AlertId=73060

2 hours ago, sht6131 said:

This was the link that I went to. CTA schedule is still Sept. Went to todays bus tracker where my question originated. Counted 16 buses assigned when there are usually 11 buses for Sunday

Probably beefing up routes that are usually packed to spread out the crowds. Remember up til the COVID crisis, the idea was to not add a bus to the schedule unless it was overflowing; now somethings gotta be done to put some space between people so Looks like the service hours taken from LaSalle and others more heavily hit for ridership are being reinvested to keep the routes that haven’t lost as many riders with enough service to accommodate. Think of it as pandemic based decrowding

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sam92 said:

Probably beefing up routes that are usually packed to spread out the crowds. Remember up til the COVID crisis, the idea was to not add a bus to the schedule unless it was overflowing; now somethings gotta be done to put some space between people so Looks like the service hours taken from LaSalle and others more heavily hit for ridership are being reinvested to keep the routes that haven’t lost as many riders with enough service to accommodate. Think of it as pandemic based decrowding

Makes sense. I think they have enough artics that they can spare for weekends. Less buses and manpower. They did utilize them weekends on 82 a few years back. Heard a rumor that it stopped because Lincoln Town Center complained.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, sht6131 said:

Makes sense. I think they have enough artics that they can spare for weekends. Less buses and manpower. They did utilize them weekends on 82 a few years back. Heard a rumor that it stopped because Lincoln Town Center complained.

Sounds about right and explains why they stopped showing up on 82 on weekends and only get used on short turns 

On 12/20/2020 at 5:44 PM, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Mybad for the late replied & yea it can get heavy in certain areas ive noticed it myself when I cross Chicago ave back in the hood it maybe 10-14 people waiting at the bus stop & up north it has its high traffic spots not the entire route but its hotspots & again in the lil village hood it can get busy

2 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Mybad for the late replied & yea it can get heavy in certain areas ive noticed it myself when I cross Chicago ave back in the hood it maybe 10-14 people waiting at the bus stop & up north it has its high traffic spots not the entire route but its hotspots & again in the lil village hood it can get busy

I was just shucked when I saw the drastic increase in weekend service on the 82.