True bus run nunbers

sht6131

1 hour ago, sht6131 said:

Is there a link that illustrates the true bus run numbers?

There is one on Chicagobus.org, listing each runs for the seven garages. Some info isn’t up to date anymore since some routes were discontinued, etc.  Also, for some reason, there are buses on a certain route that uses a different run number than the  one that’s normally used for a certain route. For example, let’s do Harlem Ave. the 90 usually has F301-F350. I normally see F301-F312 and F331 and F332 on 90 Harlem.    But then there are a few buses I saw with run numbers for different routes, like F107 (usually a Lawrence run number), F157 (usually a Austin run number), and F202 (usually a Addison run numbers) on the 90. 

You are correct regarding chicagobus.org. However, when you go to Chicago Real Time arrivals for example 82 is 200`s when it should be 800`s. Rte 72 is 800`s when it should be 200`s. in addition to that the numbers do not change and for example, run 201 could be out there all day and evening. Also the the second and third digit  do not even come close when compared to each other. Run 201 still will show at 10:00PM. I wish that this had the same system as the L Tracker. Run numbers are perfect

2 hours ago, sht6131 said:

You are correct regarding chicagobus.org. However, when you go to Chicago Real Time arrivals for example 82 is 200`s when it should be 800`s. Rte 72 is 800`s when it should be 200`s. in addition to that the numbers do not change and for example, run 201 could be out there all day and evening. Also the the second and third digit  do not even come close when compared to each other. Run 201 still will show at 10:00PM. I wish that this had the same system as the L Tracker. Run numbers are perfect

Sounds like the tracker you’re using is pulling bus block IDs vs the driver run numbers. Internally all Kedzie buses would have a 200 block ID, Chicago 800. The reason you saw 201 out till 10PM is because it was probably put on a 13-18 block and had multiple drivers relieve and switch. 

4 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

There is one on Chicagobus.org, listing each runs for the seven garages. Some info isn’t up to date anymore since some routes were discontinued, etc.  Also, for some reason, there are buses on a certain route that uses a different run number than the  one that’s normally used for a certain route. For example, let’s do Harlem Ave. the 90 usually has F301-F350. I normally see F301-F312 and F331 and F332 on 90 Harlem.    But then there are a few buses I saw with run numbers for different routes, like F107 (usually a Lawrence run number), F157 (usually a Austin run number), and F202 (usually a Addison run numbers) on the 90. 

Interlines. The run number takes the route that you spend the most time on so if you have a platform where you do both 90 and 81, if you spend 5 hours on Lawrence vs 3 on Harlem you’re gonna get a Lawrence run number the whole time you’re out till y out pull in or relieve 

2 minutes ago, Sam92 said:

Interlines. The run number takes the route that you spend the most time on so if you have a platform where you do both 90 and 81, if you spend 5 hours on Lawrence vs 3 on Harlem you’re gonna get a Lawrence run number the whole time you’re out till y out pull in or relieve 

Oh ok I didn't know thanks for the help

• 2 months later...

The run number is based on majority of time on a route. Sometimes odd things happen, say a run does a trip on 29 for three hours, then 2 1/2 on 111 and 2 1/2 on 115 which are interlined. But gets a 29 run number because while 111 and 115 account for 5 hours, they are considered two routes, making 29 the majority.