Utah Transit Authority MCI on I-90

BusHunter

Saw a new bus being delivered from MCI liveried for Utah Transit Authority yesterday on I-90/NW tollway around the Belvidere area. I was doing a skiing charter to tysol basin, in Mt. Horeb, Wisconsin which is the other side of Madison, Wisconsin. I didnt get a picture cause I was driving but its bus number is #21805. It had a real wide back door on the bus, definitely custom made for public transportation. It was colorful red white and blue with a big UTA symbol on the tail. Was looking to see if I could find a picture of it online, but nothing appears on wikipedia. 

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

Saw a new bus being delivered from MCI liveried for Utah Transit Authority yesterday on I-90/NW tollway around the Belvidere area. I was doing a skiing charter to tysol basin, in Mt. Horeb, Wisconsin which is the other side of Madison, Wisconsin. I didnt get a picture cause I was driving but its bus number is #21805. It had a real wide back door on the bus, definitely custom made for public transportation. It was colorful red white and blue with a big UTA symbol on the tail. Was looking to see if I could find a picture of it online, but nothing appears on wikipedia. 

I couldn't find anything on the UTA or the MCI  websites.  Perhaps the reason for no announcement is that these buses are either leased or late model that's not brand new.  For instance this is 2022.  You probably won't see a press release for a purchase for a year old bus .

2 hours ago, BusHunter said:

If it had a back door, it was a CRT D45 LE.

I don't think a 21 is definitive of a year old bus.

5 hours ago, BusHunter said:

On the CPTDB Wiki UTA had 27 MCI D45 CRT LE buses built last year 21071-21097. Could you have seen 21085?

1 hour ago, busfan2847 said:

On the CPTDB Wiki UTA had 27 MCI D45 CRT LE buses built last year 21071-21097. Could you have seen 21085?

Yeah that sounds likely. I think the model years are like cars, they start building next years model in the summer. Just to give you guys an example I was driving a 2019 bus but it was manufactured in august of 2018. 

2 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Yeah that sounds likely. I think the model years are like cars, they start building next years model in the summer. Just to give you guys an example I was driving a 2019 bus but it was manufactured in august of 2018. 

Given the contract date, it's more likely that manufacture of the series started in 2021, and UTA was not going to break the series.