Mothballing 300 Buses

Archon

I wonder if they mothball 300 buses after the 16th if the RTS and Flexible buses will not be seen on the street!

Don't count on any mothballing that quick. They will get some money eventually. Will it be the amount they want (or "need"), hard to say. I contend, once the changes take effect, there won't be that much coming back immediately, if ever...especially the raised fares. The longer the cuts are in place, then you could start looking for equipment going to the scrapyard. Just remember, there are still gobs of projects going on (3 track, Blue Line subway upgrades, new equipment purchases, etc.). Once you see those projects stopped in their tracks (no pun), then you could start to worry that there is a true "doomsday" in place !!!!

In my opinion no 5300s would scrapped besides Kedzie Garage's since a lot of rush hour downtown routes out of Kedzie are getting cut. But since Chicago and 103rd have very few bus routes being eliminated, then they should keep their current fleet intact at the start of Doomsday Day.

At Least I live between 103rd and 74th routes, but after the 16th if the cuts are approved, then since none of 74th routes are eliminated, the 74th is probably the only garage with TMCs still on the road but will not see them in Downtown, and thats sad. But they will get the money, trust me!

Wrong again. X55 was eliminated--8 buses. I guess you people don't recognize the X routes, so their loss doesn't matter.

Once again, no routes have been eliminated yet. The X55 Garfield Express is still running today. And with Governor Blagojevich proposing a bailout plan to the CTA, no routes might not get eliminated until a month from now. But this does give the CTA and its passengers a lot more breathing room for trying to get a better bail out plan in shape.

Once again, no routes have been eliminated yet. The X55 Garfield Express is still running today. And with Governor Blagojevich proposing a bailout plan to the CTA, no routes might not get eliminated until a month from now. But this does give the CTA and its passengers a lot more breathing room for trying to get a better bail out plan in shape.

You must have a short memory, then, because here's what you wrote two posts earlier:

At Least I live between 103rd and 74th routes, but after the 16th if the cuts are approved, then since none of 74th routes are eliminated...

Anyone reading that sentence would take it to imply that "none of the 74th routes are eliminated" applied to the "after the 16th if the cuts are approved" comment. After all, isn't that the whole point of this thread?

You must have a short memory, then, because here's what you wrote two posts earlier:

Anyone reading that sentence would take it to imply that "none of the 74th routes are eliminated" applied to the "after the 16th if the cuts are approved" comment. After all, isn't that the whole point of this thread?

How can I have a short memory if I'm not the one who wrote that statement. I posted the first post you quoted and qwantae posted the second one. So why were you reffering to both posts as if the same person wrote both of them? By the way, I was correcting Busjack about the fact that no bus route (including the X55) has been eliminated yet and may not get eliminated at all if at any time because of the proposed bail out plan that is awaiting approval by the RTA on Friday.