Put your bets on what bus garages may close

Busjack

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHAT?!

That is crazy, CTA doesn't know what they are doing and how bad this will effect everything. Wow, they are becoming stupid and they plan on buying 150 more artics? There is no ROOM. There is no MONEY. Why are they wasting the little they have?

If you'd been paying attention, you'd note that the articulated buses will only be ordered if we get our funding problems resolved (meaning that the garages won't close). Further, I'd argue (speaking on my own behalf only) that if service had to be cut (and was going to stay cut for a long time), you'd need *more* articulated buses, because the remaining routes would get that much more crowded. Hopefully, that latter argument turns out to be purely academic.

Jesi, would you mind telling us how you found it? Also, Bohica is the winner, although he should disclose whether he found it first. I am taking the posting as indicating that if something happens, this will be it. However, I also note that the reference is not the official union site, which is atu241chicago.org, but the site, operated by a supervisor at the Chicago Garage, and the nature of the announcement, seem fairly authoritative.

Also, the philosophy seems to be that the oldest closes, which was implied by trainman. I was thinking in that direction, but wasn't convinced, because 77th seemed politically favored, while 74th was not, and at the time wasn't getting any new buses. Apparently, if this goes through, there will have to be a lot of bus swapping, as the two oldest garages have comparatively the newer equipment.