Where are the 2700s going?

Busjack

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Your pic looks like 2707, however I did see 2729 on the 413..yes Niles 413 today at Oakton and Caldwell. I did a double take on it. It did not have any Niles livery on it (the Niles Free Bus script paint), just the 413 destination. This would indicate that there probably would be a 2727 someplace.

Now wait a minute, I pass through #413 territory every day, and there is always a #2640-#2649 working the route. #2729? On the #413? Never. Niles never uses anything but buses with the Niles livery, and they did not recieve and/or operate a run with a vehicle other then #2640-#2649 ever. Northwest only has something in the #2703-#2711 range. That's why the picture has #2707 in Des Plaines, and not #2727 which is not even at Northwest.

Now wait a minute, I pass through #413 territory every day, and there is always a #2640-#2649 working the route. #2729? On the #413? Never. Niles never uses anything but buses with the Niles livery, and they did not recieve and/or operate a run with a vehicle other then #2640-#2649 ever. Northwest only has something in the #2703-#2711 range. That's why the picture has #2707 in Des Plaines, and not #2727 which is not even at Northwest.
You were the one complaining about no spares. You can say that you doubt trainman's report, but I'm sure you have no proof of "never."

You were the one complaining about no spares. You can say that you doubt trainman's report, but I'm sure you have no proof of "never."

I only complained about no spares because I was unsure about the amount of Chances previously held by Niles. But Trainman's report, forget it. I do not have any proof that there never has been extra service in Niles to show you, but does anyone have any proof to prove my theory incorrect? I'm telling you, Niles has never ran service on the #411, #412, and #413 with anything other then what's permanently assigned there (#2640-#2649).

Except on December 14 around 1pm at Oakton and Caldwell headed west on Oakton off of Caldwell. Sorry to disappoint you, it was 2729 !!!!

If only you had a photo to show us. Something as unbelievable as this needs some evidence. The other evidence could be that you work for Pace and have the inside info, but from reading previous posts, I have noticed that you work for Metra- but sorry if I'm incorrect on your employment.

BusExpert, where is you proof that you saw a 2700 on 209? I haven't seen either your proof or a 2700 there (just 2300s and 6000s).

What trainman reports is not unprecedented; for instance, follow up this post, which leads to a Pace source.

Everyone can play that game. Let me say that I have been personally able to verify most (although not all) of trainman's posts, such as the 2700 at Mt. Prospect.

I'll be looking for your pictures, especially since you admitted to me that you don't know how to use a photo or paint program.

You previously said "but does anyone have any proof to prove my theory incorrect?" Again, the burden is on you, who has a theory, to prove it. Your statement is the equivalent of asking me to prove the theory of virgin birth. As Maury Povich says: "that happened at most once."

Also, those of us who are employed don't carry a camera to and from work.

Finally, you tell us where 2729 is based at the moment (with a picture showing the context).

BusExpert, where is you proof that you saw a 2700 on 209? I haven't seen either your proof or a 2700 there (just 2300s and 6000s).

What trainman reports is not unprecedented; for instance, follow up this post, which leads to a Pace source.

Everyone can play that game. Let me say that I have been personally able to verify most (although not all) of trainman's posts, such as the 2700 at Mt. Prospect.

I'll be looking for your pictures, especially since you admitted to me that you don't know how to use a photo or paint program.

You previously said "but does anyone have any proof to prove my theory incorrect?" Again, the burden is on you, who has a theory, to prove it. Your statement is the equivalent of asking me to prove the theory of virgin birth. As Maury Povich says: "that happened at most once."

Also, those of us who are employed don't carry a camera to and from work.

Finally, you tell us where 2729 is based at the moment (with a picture showing the context).

All of the posts you mentioned were very believable with recent garage roster changes with the 2700s- such as #2706 on the #209, and a 2700 on the #694, but the only thing I can tell you is that neither Northwest nor Niles has #2729 currently based there. And why are you telling me to prove where #2729 is currently located? How about you tell me why you believe it is at Niles without any proof. This is truely unbelievable, and all I said was that for something as unbelievable as this sighting, you need evidence.

Secondly, I can use the paint program for my own pictures perfectly, just not the ones that I download from the web which come in a different size, shape, and format that won't allow for zooming because it leaves the context of the photo unclear.

Finally, I haven't been disagreeing with any of those believable sightings by trainman for the 2700s out of Northwest, but can you personally verify this sighting?

By the way, #2706 was working route #209 to Desplaines Metra at Harlem/Higgins Blue Line at 5 PM on Friday, November 16, 2007. My sighting is believable with the arrival of 2700s to Northwest.

By the way, #2706 was working route #209 to Desplaines Metra at Harlem/Higgins Blue Line at 5 PM on Friday, November 16, 2007. My sighting is believable with the arrival of 2700s to Northwest.

Post the picture. You can do what you expect others to do.

but the only thing I can tell you is that neither Northwest nor Niles has #2729 currently based there. And why are you telling me to prove where #2729 is currently located?
You fail to appreciate the inconsistency of the statements quoted immediately above. If you can tell us that neither Northwest nor Niles has #2729 currently based there, then tell us where it is based. I am asking you to prove a positive, not assert a negative.

By the way, the only way you can prove the negative with certainty is with the Pace assignment list, not your personal lack of observation.

Don't they teach you logic at the school you attend or attended?

Post the picture. You can do what you expect others to do.You fail to appreciate the inconsistency of the statements quoted immediately above. If you can tell us that neither Northwest nor Niles has #2729 currently based there, then tell us where it is based. I am asking you to prove a positive, not assert a negative.

By the way, the only way you can prove the negative with certainty is with the Pace assignment list, not your personal lack of observation.

Don't they teach you logic at the school you attend or attended?

And I'm telling you that I can't prove where #2729 is based at the time, but all could say was where it's not based. And I don't think anyone can determine its exact location. Can you?

And what do you mean by my lack of observation? I've been observing the 2700s at Northwest very closely as to which routes they operate on and when. Logic? What am I supposed to say when all I can do is assert a negative? I don't know where #2729 is located, but what's wrong with saying where it's not, knowing that there's been a possible sighting of it on a route from a garage that doesn't have any assigned to it.

I could not take a photo of #2706 because it was dark, and photos don't come out with high quality at 5 PM and after on my camera, so I didn't bother. But don't worry, I won't say anything unless I have a photo next time I spot a bus.

BusExpert32: Since you doubt Trainman's report so much, why don't you try very hard to spot #2729, then ride it all day from when it comes out of the garage to when it goes to the garage. Also, why do you gloat almost all the time? I believe Trainman is right about his sighting and Busjack is right when he saids that you should post a photo of your sighting.

Enough said ...

BusExpert32: Since you doubt Trainman's report so much, why don't you try very hard to spot #2729, then ride it all day from when it comes out of the garage to when it goes to the garage. Also, why do you gloat almost all the time? I believe Trainman is right about his sighting and Busjack is right when he saids that you should post a photo of your sighting.

I only doubt Trainman's report because from his report #2729 would be at Niles- which it is not. I can't ride a bus if I don't know where it's assigned or located. I also didn't gloat on this topic (I only did on the Doomsday topics, but I'm sorry and I won't again). I already explained why I couldn't take the photo, and I already assured everyone that I won't post a report without a photo - in my previous post.

I only doubt Trainman's report because from his report #2729 would be at Niles- which it is not.

I'm not trying to cause a fight here, but why do you doubt Trainman? He seems to have alot of knowledgement and I respect him for that.

I can't ride a bus if I don't know where it's assigned or located.

Well, go out, stand along a Pace route all day and maybe you'll find it.

I also didn't gloat on this topic (I only did on the Doomsday topics, but I'm sorry and I won't again).

You don't call "By the way, #2706 was working route #209 to Desplaines Metra at Harlem/Higgins Blue Line at 5 PM on Friday, November 16, 2007. My sighting is believable with the arrival of 2700s to Northwest." gloating? I do.

I already explained why I couldn't take the photo, and I already assured everyone that I won't post a report without a photo - in my previous post.

Good. Do you have a photo now?

I'm not trying to cause a fight here, but why do you doubt Trainman? He seems to have alot of knowledgement and I respect him for that.

Well, I already said that Niles doesn't have anything but #2640-#2649, so why would they suddenly have one new bus without the official Niles livery? I'm only skeptical about reports that have no evidence or support. Just because Trainman reported accurated sightings in the past (which I agree to) doesn't mean that this one isn't faulty.

Well, go out, stand along a Pace route all day and maybe you'll find it.

That wouldn't be very wise without further info.

You don't call "By the way, #2706 was working route #209 to Desplaines Metra at Harlem/Higgins Blue Line at 5 PM on Friday, November 16, 2007. My sighting is believable with the arrival of 2700s to Northwest." gloating? I do.

Good. Do you have a photo now?

That wasn't gloating. I was only reassuring one of my previous sightings. Also, if I didn't have a photo then of #2706, then I don't suddenly have it now.

Well, I already said that Niles doesn't have anything but #2640-#2649, so why would they suddenly have one new bus without the official Niles livery? Just because Trainman reported accurated sightings in the past doesn't mean that this one isn't faulty.

Last time I checked, Trainman wasn't a liar about bus sightings. Also, maybe they needed another bus?

That wouldn't be very wise without further info.

You'll have to find the information yourself, i'm not wasting my time looking for some information that you should already know.

That wasn't gloating. I was only reassuring one of my previous sightings. Also, if I didn't have a photo then of #2706, then I don't suddenly have it now.

Well, I believe this was gloating: "My sighting is believable with the arrival of 2700s to Northwest.". If you don't call that gloating, then tell me, what's gloating in your defination? Also, go out and get a photo of #2706, then come back and post the photo, please.

I only doubt Trainman's report because from his report #2729 would be at Niles- which it is not.
To put an end to this....
  • "I only doubt Trainman's report." That is within your rights.
  • "from his report #2729 would be at Niles- which it is not." Which you don't know, and can't prove, at least according to the preceding posts.

Let's leave it at that.

Last time I checked, Trainman wasn't a liar about bus sightings. Also, maybe they needed another bus?

You'll have to find the information yourself, i'm not wasting my time looking for some information that you should already know.

Well, I believe this was gloating: "My sighting is believable with the arrival of 2700s to Northwest.". If you don't call that gloating, then tell me, what's gloating in your defination? Also, go out and get a photo of #2706, then come back and post the photo, please.

About the gloating, I was comparing the believability of the two sightings. You know, with Northwest having a few 2700s, but the situation with Niles is very unclear at this point. I also previously said that I believed all of Trainman's prior sightings because they all refer back to Northwest recieving 2700s.

By the way, I try my best to get any photos possible- maybe I'll see something worth taking a photo of later in the week and into the weekend.

[*]"from his report #2729 would be at Niles- which it is not." Which you don't know, and can't prove, at least according to the preceding posts.

According to my preceding posts, Niles never runs anything without the Niles livery (which I can't prove, but have never seen otherwise), and Trainman stated that the bus didn't have the official Niles livery- which makes the sighting even more unbelievable.

The only thing that is proven here is that Trainman saw some type of a 2600/2700 bus at Oakton and Caldwell, and that it did not have the official Niles livery. The things that are not proven are that did Trainman correctly memorize the bus number of #2729 or was he too far away to determine this? Also, was the bus working route #413 or was it not in service? It's really too close to call.

According to my preceding posts, Niles never runs anything without the Niles livery (which I can't prove, but have never seen otherwise). The things that are not proven are that did Trainman correctly memorize the bus number of #2729 or was he too far away to determine this? Also, was the bus working route #413 or was it not in service? It's really too close to call.
Maybe so, but as you said, you can't disprove it. As I said, you had a right to doubt it.

Let's look at another example. Jesi, who has proven to be a reliable sighter (and has posted some pictures of other stuff) posted that he saw 2705 on 270. Now, you previously said: "Northwest can definitely not replace their 2200s/2300s with 2700s" and included 270 among the heavier routes. Then you later said: "#209 would be an appropriate route for a 2700, but the heavier routes out of Northwest are better off with the 2200s/2300s and 6000s/6100s." Based on your apparent standards of believability, you would also be questioning jesi. However, you probably realize that now NW has received some 2700s (some of which, as our friend at Academy has verified resulted in some 2200s going there from NW) and probably anything will be assigned to any route (as there are some reports of Optimas being assigned on routes with articulateds by the CTA), so I guess you didn't tear into that post, despite your belief system.

Maybe so, but as you said, you can't disprove it. As I said, you had a right to doubt it.

Let's look at another example. Jesi, who has proven to be a reliable sighter (and has posted some pictures of other stuff) posted that he saw 2705 on 270. Now, you previously said: "Northwest can definitely not replace their 2200s/2300s with 2700s" and included 270 among the heavier routes. Then you later said: "#209 would be an appropriate route for a 2700, but the heavier routes out of Northwest are better off with the 2200s/2300s and 6000s/6100s." Based on your apparent standards of believability, you would also be questioning jesi. However, you probably realize that now NW has received some 2700s (some of which, as our friend at Academy has verified resulted in some 2200s going there from NW) and probably anything will be assigned to any route (as there are some reports of Optimas being assigned on routes with articulateds by the CTA), so I guess you didn't tear into that post, despite your belief system.

Why would I tear into that post when you've just stated all of the evidence to make it believable as to see a 2700 on any Northwest route from now on- except on a couple of routes with heavier ridership during rush hour. The couple of 2200s moving over to Academy really made room to see the 2700s more often and on more routes from Northwest.

On the other hand, why shouldn't I have torn into the other post? No evidence. When has Niles recieved 2700s? Never. When have they used a 2700 for a run? Never. When have they used a bus without the Niles livery for service? Never. #2729 at Niles is a fantasy, and I believe you, Busjack, that we should have a fantasy category. Or it could've just been a misreading of the bus number by Trainman from a farther distance. When has it not happened that the eyes have played tricks on us from a much farther viewing point?

On the other hand, why shouldn't I have torn into the other post? No evidence. When has Niles recieved 2700s? Never. When have they used a 2700 for a run? Never. When have they used a bus without the Niles livery for service? Never. #2729 at Niles is a fantasy, and I believe you, Busjack, that we should have a fantasy category. Or it could've just been a misreading of the bus number by Trainman from a farther distance. When has it not happened that the eyes have played tricks on us from a much farther viewing point?

If you would have read the original post on this

Your pic looks like 2707, however I did see 2729 on the 413..yes Niles 413 today at Oakton and Caldwell. I did a double take on it. It did not have any Niles livery on it (the Niles Free Bus script paint), just the 413 destination. This would indicate that there probably would be a 2727 someplace

You would note that I stated 413, not Out of Service. As for misreading, the bus turned off Northbound Caldwell onto Westbound Oakton. As for not being able to see it..I first out at the stoplight and the stinkin bus turned in front of me. If I could not read it from that distance, I should not be driving. Frankly, I don't give a damn if you believe it or not...it's a stinking ugly short little blue bus with numbers 2729 painted in big white letters over the front doors and the rear window !!!!!!

On the other hand, why shouldn't I have torn into the other post? No evidence. When has Niles recieved 2700s? Never. When have they used a 2700 for a run? Never. When have they used a bus without the Niles livery for service? Never. #2729 at Niles is a fantasy

There was evidence. Trainman's a good sighter, that should be enough. It seems to me that you're preaching a bus sermon on how some people are liars about seeing buses. How can you say that it's fantasy what Trainman saw? He's not a liar, leave it at that.

I believe you, Busjack, that we should have a fantasy category.

That was said to me in 2006, don't even bring it up.

I don't give a damn if you believe it or not...it's a stinking ugly short little blue bus with numbers 2729 painted in big white letters over the front doors and the rear window !!!!!!

I know that's right.

There was evidence. Trainman's a good sighter, that should be enough. It seems to me that you're preaching a bus sermon on how some people are liars about seeing buses. How can you say that it's fantasy what Trainman saw? He's not a liar, leave it at that.

That was said to me in 2006, don't even bring it up.

I know that's right.

I hope that with the arrival of the 2700s to NW Id like to see more NW or NS equipment arrive at Academy preferably the Nova Classic 2300s or more Orions. We could end up getting Orion 2378 from NW, we'll see.

When has Niles recieved 2700s? Never. When have they used a 2700 for a run? Never. When have they used a bus without the Niles livery for service? Never.
Prove it! You previously said you couldn't. Never, not even as a spare? Remember, you are the one making the assertion.

In fact I know that the last assertion is wrong. See post 4785, I didn't take a picture either, so you can call both trainman and me liars.

You should know by now that you are not convincing any other member of this forum.

If you would have read the original post on this

You would note that I stated 413, not Out of Service. As for misreading, the bus turned off Northbound Caldwell onto Westbound Oakton. As for not being able to see it..I first out at the stoplight and the stinkin bus turned in front of me. If I could not read it from that distance, I should not be driving. Frankly, I don't give a damn if you believe it or not...it's a stinking ugly short little blue bus with numbers 2729 painted in big white letters over the front doors and the rear window !!!!!!

Thanks for the extra info. It's just that I've heard of many instances where people are too far away and can't tell what number it is, so they say what it looked like, but they're unsure. It could've also been dark, and so on. You see where I'm going with this. Now with you explaining where your viewing point was, I can't dispute it much, but I'll come back in a few days to this topic after checking out what Niles is running.