Bus fire

rmadisonwi

Well it must have been on the OHare Shuttle route since that is the only CTA route currently running to the airport.

Let me clear up the confusion. The CTA is not running Blue Line shuttle service between Jefferson Park and O'Hare- only between Harlem and Jefferson Park. Rmadisonwi was talking about Pace bus #6117 on route #250 which is out of Northwest (that's why the topic is under Pacebus).

It is out of NW. Apparently the second Orion 2 burned (as we previously noted pictures of the other one that has been sitting for several years at South Holland). Of course, in relation to the former, we are still dealing with rumor.

Maybe I can clear this up a little. It was an Orion VI, but it was not at O'Hare, it was at the River Road terminal. I saw a slightly charred bus in the first bay (which I think is 223, no ???) at River Road early, around 8:00am Saturday. The back engine door was open, as was the lower door near the back wheel well on the left side of the bus. There was charring around the second to the last window from the rear on the left side. It kind of caught me off guard, because there were quite a few buses in the terminal at that time and it was hidden behind them. I went by a little quickly to get onto the Kennedy parking lot (yeah, slow Saturday) and missed the number. I could only attest that it was an Orion VI and was probably working the 223 route.