What do you like as a color scheme  

12 members have voted

1. 1.

• Old CTA Green and white/gold
    • Pace white and gold
    • Pace all blue
    • CTA blue and white
    • Something different

The more and more I look at Pace's new logo and color scheme the more and more I hate it. When the CTA had their suggestion bus moving around the city in 1969-70 trying to get the schemes for the new fishbowls, I thought an all blue or all red bus would be cool. but the more and more I see some of these new color schemes, I long for the old CTA green and white/yellow color of CTA buses and wish that Pace had stayed with their white and gold stripe. I still haven't figured out that new logo. Still looks like a wrench to me :(.

So, I'll send it out in a poll. please vote.

I still haven't figured out that new logo. Still looks like a wrench to me :(.

It’s confusing and makes no sense! I don't know what graphic designer made it but whoever did should get glasses. It’s ludicrous to think that logo is supposed to be (at least I think) a "P". Yuk :P

When I was a driver at Fox Valley in Aurora (around 1993), it was well know that Melinda Metzger who was a Assistant Executive Director was soooo happy that all of the buses were finally in the white with blue and gold stripe. I believe she worked long and hard at getting everything uniform. I would assume that she would have had some type of say in this new look...but I wonder how she feels today with the mix and match and if she really likes all of this new look and new logo stuff.

There are those over there who seem to enjoy doing things by themselves without much regard to what the majority of the public likes, wants, or needs. A good example is the annoying tv sets on the buses, noted in another thread. Nobody likes em, the ads and repeated public service announcements are annoying, but they ramrod them down people's throats anyway.

I ride Pace route #290 frequently and I noticed there is an ad card recruiting drivers for Pace. The bus shown on the card appears to be a 40ft NABI that is mostly white but not the white with yellow stripe livery. I need to take a closer look but it could be a good alternative to the "blue with a wrench" livery.

The 6162-6261 and 6600 series ones just have a stripe between the front and back wheel wells, as compared to the 2401s, that have the stripe all the way around. As previously noted, there are 5 6600s at North Shore (you might see them scattered among 210, 213, and 422).

Of course, you have to take Pace posters with a "grain of salt," the ones around 1996 had a picture of an RTS, even though Pace never ran them.

• 15 years later...