Pace 2200s and 2300s Getting a rebulit

pace2322

I hope they get repainted, the new color scheme is better than the previous, IMHO. I wonder if they will receive TTN TV’s now their lifespan have been expanded. If they do, I pity the people who will get annoyed with them each commute. :(

There are going to be in the blue and yellow. I have pic of them at truck and bus. and no led signs.But yes u can put the led signs in them. And there doing this becasue of the nabis there haveing alot of stuff going on them and the drives hate them.Most drives like the 8000s or the 2000s alot better.ie the 2000s,2100s and high 2200s and the 2300s

And south has 2309,2316 and 2325.

That's a real change from about 1998, when South had 29 (2292-2320). At that time, South probably had the oldest average age, because it had most of the low numbered 8700s. Being on the street, I don't have an accurate count, but I estimate that of the 2272-2378 range, North has 10, North Shore has 26, Northwest about 40, and the remaining 27 or so with contractors (mostly out of Rosemont, Schaumburg, and Lisle) unless there are a few scattered ones still left at West or Southwest.

Any chance that the rehabs would be sent back to South or West to try to balance the average age? :(

All the garages tend miss runs because equipment runs short during the summer. So many times the a/c used to go out and we had to run buses with no air...but to keep schedules moving we had to use them. We had a spell in Aurora when they were sending buses out to get engines rebuilt or bodies repainted that they were 4 buses short at one time.

I still think that scheduling could be done better so that interlining could be reduced. I still think that it would reduce some wear and tear on the equipment and make the system more user friendly. If these buses are going out for rebuilding, it would explain why there is a shortage and why runs are being missed.

i will not care at all if south gave up the 2400s and and 6162 to 6217.

Slightly changing the subject, a Pace driver then in Elgin wanted to know why 35 foot NABIs were at South. Do you know, and do you have the numbers for them?

Busjack Wrote:

Slightly changing the subject, a Pace driver then in Elgin wanted to know why 35 foot NABIs were at South. Do you know, and do you have the numbers for them?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

South Division had both the 35 and 40 foot NABI's come in when Pace first received them. That would mean they had mid 2400 series buses (2430 ish) 35 footers. They have/had low 2400 (2400-2410 ish) 40 footers. I believe they had the first batch to come in, then North got the next batch. They have some short routes down there and they also use them on some of the interline routes, mostly on the far south end. I think the bulk of the new NABI's South has are of the 40ft variety. Joliet also has a mix of the new 35 and 40 ft 6200/6600 series buses.

South has 6654 to 6660 and the 2451 and 2452.Its dum to have them here since the 40 ft nabis have no seats the way it is.And best of all the drives think its funny to take them on the 352.So heres what south has 1999 NABI 40 Fts 2401-2422 and 2453. 1999 NABI 35 FT 2451 AND 2452.2002 NABIS 40 FT 6162 TO 6217. BUT 6173 Is off the roster. Then 2002 NABIS 35 FT 6654 TO 6660. 6660 Is i the 25 av colors. and 1993 Orions 2309.2316 and 2325. then the 2001 MCI D4000S 6900 TO 6906.

Thanks. Apparently 2448-2450 (and any others previosuly swapped) went back to Waukegan. I also didn't think it made much sense to run a 6600 on 355, unless the passenger count has really go down (the couple of times I rode it, a GMC5307 couldn't even handle the load, and I assume, for that reason, that this was why it was one of the last routes to have the 8800s).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This Crain's article, posted on another group, implies some answers about the rebuilds and also with regard to the question Pace 30 ft bus order continually delayed (if the 45 shorter buses are the 30 footers; however, it appears that Pace already has the "60 new full-size buses" mentioned, since they won't need that many more if the 1993 Orion Is are being extended to 2008; however the shorter buses might be paratransit). Also relevant to Metra Car Order May Be Delayed.

• 1 month later...

BUT 6173 Is off the roster.

I took my semiannual excursion to "da region" and saw the shell of 6173 stripped in the South Holland yard (inside the fence from the 888 Park & Ride lot). Rear covers off, no engine or air conditioner, and plastic panels over the windows and door openings. What happened?

Pretty much everything else in the lot was unchanged from 6 months ago, except that black stripes were painted over the yellow on the 2000s, giving them an entirely different look.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

Hello everone.The pace 2200 and 2300s orions are getting rebulit. There geeting that doen at Bus and truck, Thats is the same place thats doing the 5800s for cta. There getting all led just like the 5800s.

It will be great if those 2200 and 2300s orions along with late 2300s Nova Classics are getting rebuilt. There are people who are still rather riding high floor standard buses than low floor like me. I think that Standard buses lasts more than Low Floor in my opinion.