First LED destination sign seen on New Flyer

sw4400

Many of you are probably going to say that this bus has already been seen with a LED, but this is the first time I've seen a New Flyer with one. A little after 3p today on the #11 Lincoln route going south. Bus # 5847 or 46. Destination sign was dim, but definately a LED because the sign didn't flip, it blinked.

There were a couple that had them in about 2001, as a test before the 6709-6683 Novas got them. Several other 5800s also got other types of experimental signs (I remember one about 5850 or so, that had square flip dots, and the sign seemed to be in 3 horizontal segments).

Also, the other day, I saw a blue bus on Howard with an orange sign, and thought it was a Pace 6262 on 215, but the legend didn't look right. Instead, it was a New Flyer with an ad wrap on 201. I think it was 5852.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I would like to call to attention (see post #2) that 5850-5852 (I think also 5853) had different model destination signs on the bus during the late 90's. One model had the LED, one of them was a two-tiered flip dot, another was a model that was really different (the ODK really looked weird, back then).

But obviously, unless I am mistaken, the two 5851 and 5852 have the LED signs now.