CTA Doing Public Service(outside of giving rides)

sw4400

I was checking out the big sinkhole on Montrose near the Brown Line, and what do I see?.... a 6000-Series Flxible Metro parked there "Not In Service" used as a warming bus for the Police and Construction Workers working 'round the clock to restore Montrose to running order again. I believe the bus was #6055.

I may be missing something here. What is the problem with a bus being used for the warming of the workers? This route is also a CTA route so they will be involved and the have used buses in past for warming during a crisis. All municipalities need to work together in a situation like this to get the job done.

I worked out in the frigid weather and had no warming available until lunch time. Being outside in below 0 weather is not fun, it is a job we have to do. I appluad CTA for making a bus available for workers to warm up.

I may be missing something here. What is the problem with a bus being used for the warming of the workers? This route is also a CTA route so they will be involved and the have used buses in past for warming during a crisis. All municipalities need to work together in a situation like this to get the job done.

I worked out in the frigid weather and had no warming available until lunch time. Being outside in below 0 weather is not fun, it is a job we have to do. I appluad CTA for making a bus available for workers to warm up.

There isn't any problem with it, but many people say the CTA doesn't do it's share of helping out in times of crisis(sinkholes, train crashes/derailments, etc...). Well this story shows that they do, in fact, help out in times of need.

This is nothing new. There are always CTA buses at fires, accidents, evacuations etc. Often times you will see a New Flyer or NABI being used to keep people warmed or sheltered. This is far from a rare occurance.

I even saw a Nova northbound on Michigan Ave approaching Wacker with the destination sign

WARMING BUS on it. It didn't appear that bus was being used for warming but I guessed the CTA decided to program signs for that purpose.

I even saw a Nova northbound on Michigan Ave approaching Wacker with the destination sign

WARMING BUS on it. It didn't appear that bus was being used for warming but I guessed the CTA decided to program signs for that purpose.

Hey I seen that bus too. a Nova bus out of 77th. I believe it was a King Drive bus. BTW, Like trainman8119 says it's not unusual to see these warm up buses. All the municiple agencies depend on these buses and will call them at will if needed. CFD, CPD and the CTA work together as brothers and when one needs the other they are there.