26-2700's - where are they?

Why don't you look at the following threads or links?

• 3 weeks later...

2732-2741 were at Pace Acceptance 3/25/08
Proving again:
  1. Somehow Pace can buy equipment off budget. (The final 2008 budget provided for 28 buses, and, excluding 2713, would get you to 2731. I really doubt that this order was placed after Doomsday was called off, and delivered within 10 weeks).
  2. One always answers one's own question :)

The Pace Feb. meeting Minutes say:

In the area of service highlights, Mr. Ross noted that ... 140 new 30 ft. buses were put in service.
Avoiding the prior debate about what constitutes being "put in service" (I believe that pace2322 defined it as having a license plate and inspection certificate), that would agree with the 2741 sighting (including 2600 and excluding 2613 and 2713).

Now that they have been here for a while, has anybody determined where the 2600's and 2700's are assigned, and for that matter, how many 2700's are there?

Andre

I believe they are:-

2600-30 Fox River

2631-4/6-9 Highland Park (2635 damaged on delivery now at North Shore)

2640-2649 Niles

2650-64 North Shore

2665-7 West

2668-93 Naperville

2694/5 ?

2696-8 McHenry

2699 Pace HQ

2700 Hinsdale

2701-3 Fox Valley

2704-7 Northwest

2708-23 River

2724-7?

2728 Villa Park

2729 Niles

2730-41 ?

A few updates, although mostly correct.

2667 hasn't shown up on Webwatch at West (as far as I can tell, I consistently see 2665 2666 on 319 and the 643/645 combo).

The Pace budget says that 29 are in Naperville and 3 are in paratransit service. That would indicate that Naperville has 2667 to 2695. Personally, I have only seen in the range of 2668-2693.

I have seen both 2699 and 2700 in Hinsdale (one there and one in Western Springs).

2724 and 2725 now show up in Elgin on Webwatch.

2728 is in Lombard (personally seen by me). There is no Villa Park local service any more.

There were the several 2729 sightings in Niles documented here. Has anyone seen it there recently?

Also, the Wheaton area contract proposal (which incorporated both Wheaton and Lombard) said that ElDorados were supposed to be assigned there. However, the Pace Awarded Contracts page says it hasn't been awarded yet, and based on my trip to Wheaton a couple of weeks ago, that still looks correct, as I saw some school buses on it. Also, I don't know if Pace still intends to continue with its plan to kill the Glen Ellyn and a couple of the Wheaton feeders, or if that whole mess needs to be rebid. But my idea of spelunking in that area hasn't paid off yet.

#2729 is run out of Niles every weekday; never on weekends. The only time I see it is from day to day on the second to last weekday, reverse run of the 411. It still has no Niles emblems.
I'll back up that sighting. It's been out again all week on the 411.
Thanks. I have been visiting people who live on the route and didn't see it (but saw others), but the likelihood that I was there at 5:10 p.m. was low. Also explains why driving the length of Niles on Saturday didn't reveal it either.

• 2 weeks later...

WOW 6173 has seen better days wonder what happened to that bus?

James

pace2322 said that the driver fell asleep and hit a truck in Indiana. Posts 2354 and 3905. I mentioned several years ago that it appeared cannibalized even though the view from the back wasn't so bad.

Heres a shot of at Pace #2741 and other shots taken from South Holland this morning.
So Andrethebusman was right. :lol:

I'm still betting that the reason it is still sitting there is waiting for the Wheaton restructuring, but anything can happen. ;)

pace2322 said that the driver fell asleep and hit a truck in Indiana. Posts 2354 and 3905. I mentioned several years ago that it appeared cannibalized even though the view from the back wasn't so bad.

I spoke to John LeBeau today and he tells me the bus (6179) was involved in a collision on I-80/94. It looks like it can be rebuilt. It was great to take pics and no cops or garage security around to order you out.

I spoke to John LeBeau today and he tells me the bus (6179) was involved in a collision on I-80/94. It looks like it can be rebuilt. It was great to take pics and no cops or garage security around to order you out.

Why is this being discussed in a 2600/2700s topic? The irony overwhelms me.

• 2 months later...

Having a little time for bushawking this afternoon, the answer is most of the rest have gone into the DuPage project (specifically those in the 2727-2735 range).

Seen today:

• 2727, 2733, and 2735 on 715.
  • 2729 and 2732 on 711. 2729 isn't in Niles, anymore.
  • 2731 on 709.

There probably are also 2 spares.

Using Webwatch, Elgin seems to have 2708-2726 and 2736-2741.

Assuming the various reports, including Pace's, of having 140, that seems to account for them.

Other surmises:

• This should have freed up 4 or 5 Orion Is from First Glen Ellyn. Whether they went to other First divisions in DuPage or are now available for Academy is unknown.
  • There are a few Elgin NABIs also in "limbo," as not appearing on WebWatch or on 5750's Academy list.
  • Being in the North Shore area, I haven't seen 2635 around, either actually or on Webwatch. Taking account what I said about negative evidence, I don't think it is still around here. Any other sightings?
  • I thought a couple would be on 654 and 657, but those were still school buses.

• 4 weeks later...

Being in the North Shore area, I haven't seen 2635 around, either actually or on Webwatch. Taking account what I said about negative evidence, I don't think it is still around here. Any other sightings?

2635 just showed up on WebWatch on 714, thus it is at Fox. As usual, one answers one's own question. Also, it moved on the map, so it isn't the ghost it was at Lake-Cook.

• 5 months later...