Bus Collector

sw4400

well obviously. heh. I don't think having a massively large bus in a living room is a good thing.

My wife didn't think so, either, so I had to settle for the model.

But where was the location of you picking the model up from?

Ohh... I found it at the Kane County Flea Market. It isn't in Wiking's current catalog, so I'm not sure if it would be available through your local hobby shop or not.

• 2 months later...

So I apparently did some shopping in the last couple of months (especially during the summer), in which I spent a few dollars (on Ebay, nonetheless) and bought a few goodies. I'd like to share this with you all

First of all, I've picked up a couple of NABI's. You might want to argue that one of them could pass for a New Flyer (1000 series or otherwise), but your eyes can be the judge:

First of all, I've picked up a couple of NABI's. You might want to argue that one of them could pass for a New Flyer (1000 series or otherwise), but your eyes can be the judge:
Not really for a New Flyer, but the Pace one is pretty close. However, can you get the destination signs changed to something more realistic (in the 349-370 series)? Also, the last 4 digits of the license plate would have to be changed to 6202. The phone numbers on the back look a little tacky.

Also, after thinking it over, the license plate is for 6640 in Elgin.

Maybe you can clue pace2322 in on where to get them, so he can burn them in effigy (or Harvey). :D

To be honest, it came like that...very VERY inaccurate. I wanted to just take them off and fix it myself. 69 doesn't even hit Park Ridge, and I noted that in my assessment that it wasn't accurate. Maybe I'll change it to something more realistic when I'm not busy with classes.

And I know in my heart that the CTA NABI doesn't look like an 1000 series...

First of all, I've picked up a couple of NABI's. You might want to argue that one of them could pass for a New Flyer (1000 series or otherwise...

As discussed previously, the maker tries to pass them off as C40LFs. The New York Transit Museum even sells them in its store as such.

The Novas are horrible though. Just look at the front of it. It is waaayy off. The doors are too small, the front is longer, and the windshield on the model is screwed up.
You are right. It looks like someone took the NABI model, and then painted an arc on the driver's window. There is no view of the back, and I'm sure it won't have the half window. Why someone thinks a Los Angeles bus body represents a Chicago bus is beyond me.

You are right. It looks like someone took the NABI model, and then painted an arc on the driver's window. There is no view of the back, and I'm sure it won't have the half window. Why someone thinks a Los Angeles bus body represents a Chicago bus is beyond me.

I'm guessing the same people made DSorrell24 buses. That would explain the quality.