Bus Collector

sw4400

Royal Coach produced, of all things, a CTA Orion V. I'm not sure if the Road Champs die-cast Flxibles ever came in CTA colors; if they did, it would have had wrong taillights.

Hot Wheels made an RTS-03 that came in three varieties: school bus, transit bus, and transit bus with graffiti. They also came out with a customized Crown(?) Old Look school bus about two years ago. Matchbox has made a couple of London double-deckers, and I've seen Majorette Neoplans from Europe.

• 1 month later...

I found my Road Champs CTA bus. It looks pretty good, but there are a few discrepancies. First, it should be noted that all Road Champs Flxibles have a Sutrak-type air conditioner on the roof, which obviously CTA's buses do not have. The logos and the stripes on the side and around the back look good, but the front and back doors are all black (typical of Road Champs bus models with the black windows). Also, there is no red around the front headlights.

The bus is numbered 5741, but the number only appears on the back. The destination sign in front reads '125 WATERTOWER', and there is a '125' in the route number indicator box in the back. Sorry - I don't have a digital camera or I'd take a picture and post it here.

Jim

Where can you get this for me? I need In Playmobil:

TMC RTS (4400 Series)

Flxible Metro(5300 & 6000) Series

New Flyer DLF (5900) Series

NOVABus LFS (6400-6708) Series

NABI (7500-7620) Series

I need this from my Bus Fleet. If you can't get them, that's okay. I'll get a picture of a 8000's (What I call them) Volo

I think the above picture makes a decent argument for the CTA to get rid of the gray "rocker panel" on its buses.

And replace the red, white and blue with classic CTA green while you're at it. Too many cities have gone RWB. There's a precedent for this - for its new and rebuilt buses Boston's MBTA has returned to its full yellow band first introduced in 1972.

Jim

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I just picked up an HO-scale MAN SL202 by Wiking. It isn't identical to the Americana - it's slightly longer, has a rear window, non-opening side windows, wide center door, and European-style headlamps - but would make a pretty easy conversion for someone who is talented with modelling putty.